Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag washer not spinning MAV4057AWW

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BEdwards

BEdwards

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

I have a Maytag washer that will not spin but agitates just fine. It will spin if there are not clothes in it and it will start spinning with clothes in it if I give it a little push start. It seems like this may be a brake problem, but I also know about the cam problems on these. Just wanted to see what you guys think.

When I took the cover off and lifted the unit to look at the belts while in spin cycle, the trans pulley is spinning fine and the trans is not turning.

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 maytagman

maytagman

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Spotted Cow

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

I think this is a atlantis type and your problem would most likely be fixed with a new thrust bearing kit.
I'm not near a computer right now to look it up, but the transmission pulley some washers a needle bearing and plastic cam make up the kit. Do a parts search and you will find it.

#3 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,701 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

http://www.repaircli...mber=MAV4057AWW

Part number. 12002213

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics