Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Newer Whirlpool Duet Wfw9450ww00, odd behavior on time and other questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Joshua Scholar

Joshua Scholar

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Anchor Steam

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

I have a customer with a whirWfw9450ww00, and her real problem is probably a bad door latch.

I noticed it occasionally acting like the door is open even when it's closed, the same beep and refusal to start.  She complains that sometimes she can't start it and sometimes it stops in the middle of a cycle, no error code.

It's a used machine that is missing the service tech sheet and my older Duet manuals don't have codes to get it into diagnosis mode that work on it (it doesn't have the same buttons).

So besides asking if anyone has a tech sheet or manual, I DO have another question.

I watched the thing run, on a quick cycle (an 18 minute cycle) at the 13 minute mark it did this little "chasing lights" display and then switched to 26 minutes left.

I went to restart the cycle to watch it again, and it got stuck draining for the cycle-was-manually-ended. I think it would have drained forever if I didn't unplug it.

I restarted it and watched it through a whole cycle.  It worked fine, but occasionally I'd get that chasing lights display and the number of minutes would go up or down seemingly at random.  This time it went to 20 minutes instead of 26 and later skipped down a couple minutes from 19 to 17, I think.

I'm guessing that the chasing lights and the changed time is a feature, maybe it's responding to the load level or something.  Does anyone know about that?

Also should I be worried about the reset drains forever thing?

Thanks in advance. 

Josh Scholar

Don't try to teach me how to be a better tech because I'll just tell you're being insulting. Just tell me which part to change, dammit!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

:

Use and Care Guide - W10254043.pdf

Sensing / Revising Estimated Time
The cycle times vary automatically based on your water pressure, water temperature, detergent, and clothes load.
The washer will automatically sense the progress in the cycle and adjust the Estimated Time Remaining display.

While the washer is sensing, the estimated time will flash and the Sensing Status Light will glow.

When the sensing is complete, the flashing stops, the status light goes off and the Estimated Time Remaining display is updated.

The cycle time will be extended if oversudsing occurs or the load is unbalanced.

The SUD routine removes extra suds and assures proper rinsing of your garments.

See “Troubleshooting.” During the unbalance routine the time displayed may pause until this activity is complete,

then resume with the remainder of the cycle.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics