Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung RS261MDRS Error Codes

Front Panel LEDs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bkkbob

bkkbob

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:blue moon

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

What does it mean when only 2 of the 6 front panel freezer temp LED's stay lit all the time. All the other panel keys and functions are locked up. Nothing can be selected or enable/disable. Only #2 and #4 LED are constantly ON, is this some kind of error code that's displayed when there's a problem? How to decode the error message?

Edited by bkkbob, 18 March 2013 - 11:21 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

Do you mean like 2 segments of the temps numbers are showing? That would indicate an error code yes. Unfortunately I don't have a manual for you. My work computer won't let look it up either while I am on lunch. The company I work for is cool like that :(

#3 bkkbob

bkkbob

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Attached File  283459_472847986103057_1934266480_n.jpg   31.16KB   10 downloads

It's not really segments of a number, it's like a bar graph, and only 2 of the 6 bars are constantly lit, bar # 2 and bar # 4, on the freezer side of the panel, there's nothing lit on the fridge side, and everything else is locked up. I tried to attach a picture, can you see it? How do I find out what error this represents and how to fix it? A lot of blogs say it's a failure of the main control PCB?

Edited by bkkbob, 18 March 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#4 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Gotcha. It may be an error code. Not sure without a manual. I can't say I have seen that before. Sorry I didn't check before I got off work, I just got busy. Sears doesn't let us have access to manuals off the clock.

#5 Ohm

Ohm

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Buckler

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Freezer Fan Error and Freezer Sensor Error.

Defrost issue?

fastrack

http://www.mediafire...3ar9zgc19stlear

#6 bkkbob

bkkbob

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Thanks Ohm. That's just the info I needed to help me t/s and isolate the problem. It does seem like the root cause is a defrost related issue. The first symptom noticed was the evaporator coils totally covered with ice, not frost, but thick ice. I melted it down, reset the fault codes and the next day it's working again, but customer said this has happened before and in a week it comes back. So need to isolate is it a faulty component like the fan, the sensor or the heater or is it the fault of a relay or logic circuit on the controller PCB. I ordered a PCB just in case to have one on hand and it because it wasn't available in stock at my local supplier.

Edited by bkkbob, 19 March 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#7 Ohm

Ohm

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

I usually find an open defrost heater on these.

I always check resistance on these whenever I have the cover off as a practice.

You can replace the heater, but you have to order the whole evap assy. Samsung's official position on these is that you must replace the evap, which is, of course, a sealed system repair. If it falls within the sealed system warranty period for this model (5 years), then parts and labor would be fully covered by Samsung. You could just charge the customer for your diagnosis and refer them to Samsung to have an ASC/MSC complete the repair (assuming you not authorized).

Outside of the 5 years, you could order the complete evap assy and just remove the heater and attach it to the existing evap without opening the sealed system. It's a bit of a pain the first time you do it, but overall there are worse jobs you could do. Just give yourself some extra time. I have done quite a few and still  make sure I have a solid hour to complete the job.

FYI the freezer evap p/n is: DA96-00612G

#8 bkkbob

bkkbob

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Is there a specific resistance value to measure or is it as simple as open = bad, short = good ?

Edited by bkkbob, 21 March 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#9 Ohm

Ohm

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Is there a specific resistance value to measure or is it as simple as open = bad, short = good ?

Yep.. the values are in the fasttrack pg 2 = 48Ω

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics