Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
deezus

GE Oven Mod#JTP95WCW1WW F2 error code

10 posts in this topic

This unit has an F2 error code. Tech sheet says it could be a temp sensor or board. It will display F2After about 20 minutes . Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Does it warm up at all? If so, sounds like a temp sensor. You can ohm it out...1100 ohms +- 10% at room temperature but you may want to check it out at several higher degree points if you find 11k at room temp. Also check the wires connecting to the sensor. F2 generally means it is an excess or inconsistent temperature situation.

It gets hot and goes to temperature. I'm sure its a sensor but these stupid GE tech sheets aren't as clear as it also points to a bad control.

I've had f2 errors where the problem was a thermal fuse. Usually I test probe and fuse (if there is one), and reset ecm if possible before I replace a board on any oven, regardless of manufacturer or error codes.

With regards to tech sheet writers, the following question and response was found on 85 % of their requirement exams...

FindX.jpg

The problem is, their examiners consider it the correct answer.

With regards to tech sheet writers, the following question and response was found on 85 % of their requirement exams...

FindX.jpg

The problem is, their examiners consider it the correct answer.

LMAO!   :laugh:

I'm pretty sure the omh's at room temp for that sensor should read 1100 ohms NOT 11000 ohms, (maybe just a typo and you know that but it should be corrected for anyone who comes along later and reads this).

I'm pretty sure the omh's at room temp for that sensor should read 1100 ohms NOT 11000 ohms, (maybe just a typo and you know that but it should be corrected for anyone who comes along later and reads this).

So true.....should have been more careful.....correcting it now. Good lookin out and thanks for pulling my arse out of the fire...uh..oven!

btw If anyone purchased a probe based upon the incorrect information I initially posted, provide model no. serial number, receipt, and mailing address and... let me see... oh yeah.. the Samurai... will be most happy to refund you. :thumbsup:

Is the cooling fan coming on?

True story... Karma in action, I guess. Repaired an Amana fridge today, jazz board replacement. As i looked for the tech sheet, i commented to the customer the importance of techs replacing the sheet. She said "of course" and as I was about to compliment her on her having such wisdom she said "because I'm a tech sheet writer." "No kidding?" I nervously replied. And I said nothing else about the subject nor mentioned (as I usually do with customers) to her the benefits of using Appliantology as a resource.