Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Patricio

LG dryer dead

3 posts in this topic

New dryer to me.  LG Dryer made loud pop & quit running.  Going tomorrow to examine.  Not even sure how to open it up.   Suggestions?  Patricio

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

<<<LG Dryer made loud pop & quit running>>>

Too little information :)

LOUD BANG---BUT CONTROL PANEL LIGHTS WORK...

Broken Belt

Object/obstruction in Blower Housing

Drum Rollers worn/Tub making contact with other components

Tar-Like sheathing on the drum coming off---and snagged on the Motor or Heater Housing

LOUD BANG---DRYER COMPLETELY DEAD/NO ACTIVITY ALL

Burned/damaged Power Cord/Terminal Block

Obliterated Main Board (and/or Display Board)---Massive electrical surge---usually during lightning storm or failed neighborhood Power LineTransformer

Broken belt, very lint built up dryer. 

Going to replace 2 front rollers, belt, & idle pully & charge flate rate book price $218.35.

Book price for just belt is &199.85.  not as much profit, extra $20 for the pully & 2 rollers I think is going to be little more, but as I explained to customer  New drive train & suspension parts sweeten the repair.  Plus they's gettin lint cleaning to boot.  

Sounds like good deal to me for customer & above & beyond great old fashion service toos me.  :thumbsup:   patricio,  thanks for the help.

Edited by Patricio