Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung Dishwasher Mod# DMT300RFW/XAA (Low and High water level errors)

Samsung DMT 300 dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

Samsung Dishwasher

Mod# DMT300RFW/XAA

Ser# A3HFG9MB101683Z

Did not have any tech info when I went and looked at it.  Found unit flashing the Over-Level water error, water was touching bottom of lower spray arm.

Nothing I did would stop the error from flashing, unplugged/turned off power/tried Drain Cancel.

Vacuumed water out and that stopped the error then did a Drain/Cancel and pump worked fine.

Tried to run again and it would fill for about 45-50 seconds then immediately go into a pump out then fill again for 45-50 seconds and give the Low-Level water error.   Water would be filled to just the top of the fine filter screen below the spray arm which looked like a normal water level to me.  Cancel/Drain worked to pump out and cancel the error but it just constantly gave this error when trying any cycle.

Water line was too short to pull dishwasher out while still hooked up to do any more checks and didn't have any tech info so I wrapped it up and will go back with the tech info I have and a longer water line so unit can be pulled out while completely hooked up so water fill system can be check.

Can anyone that knows Samsung tell me what the most likely problem would be in this case?  I'm thinking probably a stuck float in the water level sensor case and when the unit fills for 45-50 seconds and doesn't see the low water level then it shuts down after the second attemp, (Would that be correct?).

At one point I thought it was going to work, after the second attempt to fill but then it went into the Over-Level water error and locked up, couldn't clear error or reset until vacuuming the water out of the tub, (I believe it didn't drain fully after the first low-level error that it doesn't report so the second fill hit the over-level sensor before the 45-50 seconds low-level fill should have been sensed).

Any feedback on this would be helpful, I will be going back out on this Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks,

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

This is what you need:

http://www.repaircli...700131A/2020870

Scott Wolf

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

Thanks Scottthewolf, that is the part that I'm pretty sure is causing my problem, it contains the low-level sensor, (the float and micro switch), and the over-level sensor, (electronic sensor of some sort).

The low level sensor just being the float and micro switch system would seem to be something that could bind and not activate correctly if scum builds up in the sensor case and since all parts of the sensor system are available as separate parts it would seem that it may just need to be cleaned out so that the float and arm move freely if I find that is the problem.

Can any of the Samsung experts around here tell me if I'm on the right track and if it would be better just to replace the complete sensor unit instead of opening it up and cleaning it out if I find that the low-level float is binding?

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair, 25 March 2013 - 08:06 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Eureka, CA 95501

#4 Ohm

Ohm

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Buckler

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

It is usually completely fine to just clean them, but for the price.. cheap recall insurance to just replace it. I almost always just replace them as you can never seem to get them 100% clean although the few I have just cleaned seem to have help up fine.

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

Didn't even need to clean it, must have been a kinked stainless flex water line behind dishwasher, (only had slight signs on stainless braiding - didn't look like signs of being kinked that much though).

After pulling dishwasher out and connecting a 6' stainless flex and running it, all worked fine.  No signs of float sticking at all and no signs dishwasher was jammed into cabinet causing the side metal plate to squish into the sensor case.  Pushed on side of sensor case to see how much pressure would be needed to hang up float and it was very much pressure, so I don't think that could have been the problem.

Will have to wait and see if I get a call back..........

William Burk (Willie)
Eureka, CA 95501

#6 gismeu

gismeu

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Hello,

I seem to have that very same problem.

So I pulled out the dishwasher from under the kitchen countertop, because it seemed to me that this part is at the back of the dish-

washer, but it isn't or at least I cant' find/see it.

Can somebody please tell me, where it is?

Many thanks, Richard

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

# 7 Sensor DD97-00131A

which includes

# 10 Switch DD34-00003A

# 11 Sensor Case DD61-00236A

# 12 Cover DD63-00083A

# 13 Lever DD66-00034A

# 14 Wire Assembly DD96-00043A

50037802-00004.png

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#8 gismeu

gismeu

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

Thank you Sensei,

but it still doesn't tell me where that is?

Is it on the back and at the bottom there or is it the bottom part of the front side of the applicance directly under the door?

Thanks, again, Richard

#9 gismeu

gismeu

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

..... and also, is that the same part that Sensei posted the link for in the second posting of this thread?

Thanks, Richard

#10 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

http://appliantology...service-manual/

search for: case sensor

#11 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Is it on the back and at the bottom there or is it the bottom part of the front side of the applicance directly under the door?

Uninstall dishwasher. Senor Assembly is on the left side toward bottom behind a piece of sheet-metal held in place by two screws. Must uninstall fill tube enough to lift it up off of the sensor assembly. Sensor itself has two electrical connections (sensor and float switch) and a hose held on with a hose clamp.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#12 gismeu

gismeu

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

Okay, I found it and I removed something you could call the connector (am German and don't know all the words) but can't get it out due to that plastic thing that is to its left and a bit above since it is bigger.

Look at the picture please, that should make things clearer:

http://i931.photobuc...zpsa657ecf3.jpg

So, next step is, how to remove that big plastic thing so I can take the 'white' thing out and clean it?

Many thanks,  Richard

#13 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

... don't know all the words

That's OK, Samsung calls them different names, some don't make sense.

See page number 3-16 of the service manual (posted earlier)

#14 gismeu

gismeu

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

Sensei,

looking at page number 3-16 of the manual, I did step 3, but having trouble with the first picture of step 4!

How do you remove that plastic thing? I've tried pulling and turning but to no avail.

Is there a trick or do I just have to pull harder?

Thanks, Richard

#15 gismeu

gismeu

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

Sensei,

looking at page number 3-16 of the manual, I did step 3, but having trouble with the first picture of step 4!

How do you remove that plastic thing? I've tried pulling and turning but to no avail.

Is there a trick or do I just have to pull harder?

Thanks, Richard

Hi,

basically still the same question as above. Thought maybe my post was overlooked, but would really appreciate if someone

would take the time and explain to me how to take that plastic thing off?

Many thanks, Richard

#16 gismeu

gismeu

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Hello Everyone,

I did not manage to fix our dish wascher, so now the question is what to do next.

Called Samsung and for a technician to come out and just have a look is already $109.

So the question is, should I save that money and buy a new one or not.

The error message of the dish washer is:  'Low level water error'

The dishwasher is about 6 to 7 years old, we got it when we bought that house.

So what would you guys do? Any recommendations?

Thanks, Richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics