Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Washer fills and spills

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 antsybunch

antsybunch

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:40 PM

I have a GE 6-cycle heavy duty super capacity wasing machine which continues to fill until it floods the house.  Moving the cyle along manually does not seem to get it to stop filling.  It will stop filling when the machine is turned off and when the dial is set to a portion of the cycle where the machine drains but in the wash cycle and in the rinse cycle, it will not stop filling seemingly no matter what I do.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Fixum

Fixum

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:20 AM

you have a bad presure switch or a stopped up pressure hose that runs from the tub up to the pressure switch, remove the hose from the pressure switch and blow through it, it should have a little amount of resistance if you can blow through it then replace the switch, if you can't blow through it then the machine will have to come apart for the repair
Fix On

#3 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:19 PM

Read this one.  It may help you.

#4 antsybunch

antsybunch

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:29 AM

Sorry it took me a while to get back. ...  extenuating circumstances.  :violin:

My Father and I have taken apart the machine and there was only a little air coming through the tube when we blew through it. 

We weren't sure how much was supposed to be coming through so we followed the tube down to where it connected with a small box looking kind of thing on the tub.  Unhooked from the "box", the tube allows through much more air.  Connected, it lets through much less but it still goes through somewhat.  We haven't tried changing out the switch. 

The model number is WBSR1060T2WW.

#5 antsybunch

antsybunch

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:07 AM

I tried to look up the part to order a pressure switch from you.  All I got was a blank screen. ...  I assume you carry GE parts.  Could you tell me the part number for a pressure switch, please.:D

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:51 AM

The original part number is WH12X998 and is replaced by WH12X10065 according to Sears.com
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics