Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
antsybunch

GE Washer fills and spills

6 posts in this topic

I have a GE 6-cycle heavy duty super capacity wasing machine which continues to fill until it floods the house.  Moving the cyle along manually does not seem to get it to stop filling.  It will stop filling when the machine is turned off and when the dial is set to a portion of the cycle where the machine drains but in the wash cycle and in the rinse cycle, it will not stop filling seemingly no matter what I do.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

you have a bad presure switch or a stopped up pressure hose that runs from the tub up to the pressure switch, remove the hose from the pressure switch and blow through it, it should have a little amount of resistance if you can blow through it then replace the switch, if you can't blow through it then the machine will have to come apart for the repair

Sorry it took me a while to get back. ...  extenuating circumstances.  :violin:

My Father and I have taken apart the machine and there was only a little air coming through the tube when we blew through it. 

We weren't sure how much was supposed to be coming through so we followed the tube down to where it connected with a small box looking kind of thing on the tub.  Unhooked from the "box", the tube allows through much more air.  Connected, it lets through much less but it still goes through somewhat.  We haven't tried changing out the switch. 

The model number is WBSR1060T2WW.

I tried to look up the part to order a pressure switch from you.  All I got was a blank screen. ...  I assume you carry GE parts.  Could you tell me the part number for a pressure switch, please.:D

The original part number is WH12X998 and is replaced by WH12X10065 according to Sears.com