Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
applianceman97

Samsung Ice maker Testing

4 posts in this topic

This samsung refrigerator is killing me! Working on a Samsung rfg297aab mod #, Bom# rfg297abbp/xaa.  I have already posted a bit before on this same subject but im still having issues. (luckily its my parents refrigerator) I cannot get the ice maker to harvest ice.

When i put the ice maker in and hit the test button it will cycle and fill with water but not dump the ice. If i hit the test button again it will still not dump the ice ( will not turn on ice mold heater). I have changed the ice maker and is still doing the same thing. What can i check next. The fast track manual says to change the ice maker and thats it. Well thats not it. Maybe a bad new part? Thanks everyone.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

what's the Freezer temperature ?

Freezer temp is around -2 and ice room is running around 5.