Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Customers should always self diganoise should call experts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Skiter29

Skiter29

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

I tried to post a picture of a washer a customer told me to come pick up becasue it was shot asked me if i wanted it for parts it was a front loader Kenmore HE Elite H4 so before i asked questions she says its never work correctly and now its getting a f-21 they never called me to com fix it since we know that f-21 means something with the pump i said yes i will take it i went to pick it up and this unit was like new about 3 or 4 years old and of course i got it to the shop and there was a dish rag in the object catcher gotta love a story like this i thinking im putting this one in my house

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

:thumbsup:

could post the picture somewhere else,

the post the link here.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Dean

Dean

Unsui

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

How ironic, this just happened to me too last Wednesday. The customer had a GE washer manufactured in Sept 2011. She wanted to know if I wanted it (free of charge). She just wanted to get the unruly beast out of her house. The complaint was that it leaked all over their new hardwood flooring the last couple of times it was utilized. They left it outside of their garage for me. I picked it up, brought it home and found the hose had slipped off of the pump!!!  My wife wants me to put it in our home and get rid of our 17 year old Whirlpool.  I'm just partial to Whirlpool---GE products leave a bad taste in my mouth! I think I'll sell it. 

#4 J5

J5

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

my old housemates brother who has too much money replaced the 5 year old washing machine

housemate asked me if i wanted anything to do with it since i know the products

sure bring it home

blocked drain pump , fixed in 30 seconds

perfect as we went from 5.5 to 7.5kg :)

#5 dimitri77565

dimitri77565

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Railean Hand Made Rum

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

I guess the economy is not so bad, or people have too much money to throw around.

Or the I.Q of the country is going down the drain.

Friend of mine call them "stupid money"

Hey more work for me , yes???

I remember the old generation Not too long ago, AGAINST my recommendation. repairing the Old Frigidaire

Rollomatic Washers  with a Surgilator!!!

Any old timers out there  ?     hehehe.

Edited by dimitri77565, 30 March 2013 - 12:35 AM.

#6 mark mac

mark mac

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Ended up with an oasis washer and dryer, customer was tried from the pump being clogged, from him leaving change in his pocket, both been running fine for 4 yrs cost me nothing

#7 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

I struck gold..............The customer called and asked if I wanted the old set of K/M's................  They bought a new set of L.G.'s.....The set is 10 year Whirlpool 'Limited Edition ' , bisque color, from a summer rental......They were still on the trailer and another customer called and need a loaner...( her Neptune finally died and I did not have her  rebuilt Whirlpool finished ) .........Took it straight off the trailer, hooked it up and  she did a load..." I want this one"........NO way, Jose.. :dontknowaboutyou: ........... Top dollar for a matching set in new condition.....You get a rebuilt unit....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics