Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlexM

GE Profile DishWasher Model# GSD4020Z00BB, Changing Parts Not Working

2 posts in this topic

O.K. the unit wasn't filling with water and washing was original complaint.

I could put 120v power to the water valve and get it to fill.

The controls were acting funny, and I couldn't get it to drain and the unit would shut off after about 90 seconds after turning on.

Bottom line is that I installed both the main control board (WD21X10100)  and the timer (WD21X10018) the shotgun approach would work.  It didn't, the display buttons now light up accordingly, but still doesn't stay on or drain or fill.

Whats left? the circulation motor/pump?  

In stead of random guessing, should have I put power to the motor to see if it would stay running?

Thanks,

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Check wire harness:

General Electric Recalls Dishwashers Due to Fire Hazard

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Hazard: Liquid rinse-aid can leak from its dispenser onto the dishwasher's internal wiring which can cause an electrical short and overheating, posing a fire hazard to consumers.

More here: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2007/General-Electric-Recalls-Dishwashers-Due-to-Fire-Hazard/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0