Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DurhamAppliance

Hotpoint htr17bbselww too cold

6 posts in this topic

Fresh food section too cold. Thermostat replaced but i think there is an airflow problem. Cold air is pouring into the fridge from the right side of the Styrofoam baffle. I think that is the return, not sure. The capillary tube from the thermostat is located next to the left side of baffle. This is investment property where landlord has a maintenance man who has worked on this fridgd. Not sure if he changed fan (blade is on backwards meaning someone has worked on it) or blade or there is simply ambroken baffle. Does anyone know which direction the air flow from the evap fan should be? Should it be blowing out towards the door or sucking in? Cursory check online says rotation should be clockwise, but i am not sure.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

this may be similar

Started reading the manual... Those fridges have a baffle block to reduce temps. The one I'm working on doesn't. I kept on skimming , saw nothing of use. Why would he have me look at this manual? But I knew that Reg, god of all things electrical and service manual(ly) must have had a reason so I started from the beginning and read closely. Then there it was, in all its glory, an airflow diagram on the bottom of page four. As they say, it's ok to question Reg but always have faith in him. Thanks!

So now i'm faced with a dilemma. During my first visit, the fridge was too cold, settings were normal, tenant says fridge was running all the time. In a basic top mount fridge, what else could it be other than cold control. Replaced it, no problems for about a week. Tenant waited, called landlord about 70 days later with same complaint. Last night I discovered cold air blasting into ff section. Probably was like that before my last visit but who checks to see if an improper fan or fan blade was put in by a maintenance person? Normally when the fan is blowing the wrong direction I see frost around the freezer door seal. Not this time. Question, should I cover the labor under my 90 day warranty, charge additional labor or tell him hhis maintenance guy needs to put in the correct fan/blade?

The air should be blowing out toward the freezer door. Turn the blade around and it will blow the same way. That's a pricy fan motor; a cheaper one that runs the wrong way may have been substituted.

The air should be blowing out toward the freezer door. Turn the blade around and it will blow the same way. That's a pricy fan motor; a cheaper one that runs the wrong way may have been substituted.

Thanks.... I added the second paragraph to my previous post before I saw your reply

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0