Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Keep getting wrong part

Ge Washer tub seal.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Garpy

Garpy

Ikkō-ikki

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

I need help finding a part. I'm replacing the tub seal on a GE top load washer. It's a common looking model iv'e seen many times but on ordering the tub seal the one that is delivered is too small by about 1/16 inch. The model of washer is GUSR2150DAWW. (No mistake on model number) The part the supplier sent twice now is pt# WH02X10032 But it is the wrong part. It just drops into place with no force at all and is a little sloppy. It should need a little force to install of course or it will simply come out. The old part and the one they sent look very much the same except that the new one is a little smaller OD.

Does anyone have the proper part number so I can finally order the one that fits?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 bayouboy

bayouboy

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Abita Beer Purple Haze

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

I cant get that model number to come up anywhere. Part description says:  "2-1/2" diameter new-style black tub seal "

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

can you post a close-up picture of both seals side by side ?

also, a picture of the model number tag on the Washer ?

also, a picture of the Control Panel ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 Garpy

Garpy

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Hi

Ok. I have 3 pics for you. This does not have a control board. it's a mechanical timer model. FYI. The old seal took a bit to knock it out and looked (and felt) like it was a press fit. I also did not notice any type of glue residue on the old seal or tub seal hole area. The hole for the seal is 2.510" while the new seal is 2.505" so although the new seal is only slightly smaller it certainly is not press fit. I can push it in with a finger and pop it right back out again with just my little finger. Any other seal I have ever done took some pressure to install. not just drop in.

Attached Files

#5 bayouboy

bayouboy

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Abita Beer Purple Haze

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

http://www.repaircli...02X10032/277283

install video at bottom of page

Edited by bayouboy, 29 March 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#6 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

According to this repair clinic video it takes no force at all to install the new seal.

#7 Garpy

Garpy

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

According to this repair clinic video it takes no force at all to install the new seal.

The one I have takes less force than even this video shows. I think maybe the area where the seal goes in may have enlarged slighty over the years. I believe now that I do have the proper seal but it's never going to stay put by how loose it is. So I used a special waterproof sealant/glue to set it in place. I'm pretty confident it will have no future problems related to the seal instal job. Thank you all for your help. The video was perfect.

#8 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

i had this once when i was replacing a tranny, the seal just fell in place with no pressure, i got a new tub and it fixed the problem

#9 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

Always order an outer tub when doing a seal job on these older GE washers.  I learned that the hard way.

Scott Wolf

#10 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

I dont think there is a GE worth repairing for any amount of money. I usually bring the customer one of my recon dumpster direct drive 110/whirpool washers for around 130 bucks. Did I mention that I hate GE appliances?

Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

#11 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,432 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

I dont think there is a GE worth repairing for any amount of money. I usually bring the customer one of my recon dumpster direct drive 110/whirpool washers for around 130 bucks. Did I mention that I hate GE appliances?

We will not work on GE top load washers. Usually the repair cost is more than 3/4 the price of the machine.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#12 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

I cant get that model number to come up anywhere. Part description says:  "2-1/2" diameter new-style black tub seal "

https://www.geapplia...odelgroupsearch

Type the number in the model number search box

Edited by fairbank56, 31 March 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#13 AARDL

AARDL

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:PEPSI NEXT

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

WOW thanks for the GE parts site 'cause in Marcone I could not find it either like Durham'

So Thanks again,

#14 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,872 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

We will not work on GE top load washers. Usually the repair cost is more than 3/4 the price of the machine.

Totally agree with that!  Have not been on one GE top loader call yet where it made sense for the customer to do the repair.  Good policy, Brother Durham-- you've inspired me.  

Their front-loaders, OTOH, are pretty decent and are well worth repairing.  But you're starting with a higher priced machine.  

#15 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

I've replaced a few inverter motors on the Hydrowave washers, the repair costs almost as much as the machine was brand new, but my customers didn't want to bother going out  to buy a new machine.

Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics