Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Microwave M# CSA1201RSS01

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Adirondack Bob

Adirondack Bob

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Hi All, Have a call on a GE Microwave M# CSA1201RSS01. Complaint of Wife cooked something on the Range top and now the Microwave will not shut off; the Fan is running and the unit is beeping. Advised customer to unplug unit until I get there. I have not been out on this call yet.

Samurai, Durham, I remember something being mentioned at the ASTI about this problem. I think it was from the GE trainer, but am not certain. I went back through my notes and unfortunately did not write down what was said.

I see there are two boards in this unit: a Main Board and a Smart Board.

Thank You, Bob

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

sounds like moisture got into the keypad

SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING , I FIX GREAT , I DON'T SPELL WELL

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,016 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

I forget which class it was, but they were talking about boiling pots on the RF stove burner which is right beneath the touchpanel.  This tends to get moisture into the touchpanel and short out one of the keypads.  May dry out and be okay.  The only solution is to not boil stuff on that RF burner, use the LF instead.  Customers don't like to hear that but that's just the limitation with that kind of kitchen arrangement.  

#4 Adirondack Bob

Adirondack Bob

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Update: Replaced Touch Panel today and micro. is back up and running.

Thanks Cactus Bob for nailing this one!!

And Thanks Samurai for remembering. Pretty sure this was in the GE class at ASTI. And you were right, they didn't want to hear that they can't cook Linguine on the RF anymore...However, I pointed out that LF burner was the largest burner on the range and would work better at bringing water to a boil.

Thank You, Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics