Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

LG Washer Door Boot Inner Spring Clamp Removal Tool

31 posts in this topic

I thought it was too noisy to at first then the more I got used to using it the easier it was to use without being so noisy.

It can be getting some screws out if they are really tight, but, that's where the right amount of pressure and the variable trigger can help keep that to a minimum. If it hammers putting them in you have them cross threaded.

I've never had any problems with customers, but, my customers know I'm respectful of their appliances.

When i purchased it , both the impact and non impact versions came in the kit..  I use the impact at home and the standard version at customer's house....no noise.

1 person likes this

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

When i purchased it , both the impact and non impact versions came in the kit..  I use the impact at home and the standard version at customer's house....no noise.

Maybe I should get one and try it. It's a win win because I'd always have the other as backup if needed.

Maybe I should get one and try it. It's a win win because I'd always have the other as backup if needed.

Also you can use drill bits in the standard model. The impact model makes it harder to use drill bits for safety reasons I assume

Someday I might make a toolbag video

Would love to see that!  Let's compare armaments:

<<<How did you get enough room to remove the control panel screw inside the machine with the top panel just slid back? It only slides back a few inches. Did you use a stubby or offset ratcheting driver?>>>

For a stacked LG washer/dryer----not "shoehorned" into a tight location---slide the washer top cover and dryer rearward about 1 to 2 inches.

Carefully lift/push dryer (tilt back) and place a small 2x4 wood block at each corner.
Use stubby phillips.

Keep your 3rd eye on the dryer at all times during the repair process---especially if it's a gas dryer...

Good tips, Domo, John!  

3 people like this

Well Since this post was started by the Samurai, maybe it's okay to hijack it!  lol

My topics are always hi-jackable!   :dude:

i prefer to take the front panel off the LG washers, i find it faster taking the front off

however...  if i am stuck by myself and there is a stacked dryer, i can change the boot with the front on