Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG Washer Door Boot Inner Spring Clamp Removal Tool

LG washer door boot gasket tool 383EER4004A

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Not that I'm complaining---Durham :)

Any discussion on tools is always interesting to read...

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

Ok, here's my favor tool. It comes with a charger, 2 batteries, it's variable speed, and has 3 led lights around the end to light your way. The battery stays up for over a week using it everyday on every job. It's very compact and powerful. It is an impact but its such a high quality tool (you can feel it when it's in your hand) once you get the hang of the variable speed trigger that's not a problem.

000346397307lg.jpg

Bosch 12-Volt 1/4-in Drive Cordless Impact Driver

Item #: 155138 |  Model #: PS41-2A

Test

#23 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

<<<Bosch 12-Volt 1/4-in Drive Cordless Impact Driver

Item #: 155138 |  Model #: PS41-2A>>>

Good quality drill.

I have one---but use it around the home---currently using the Milwaukee 12 volt drill.

The Bosch PS41 impact tool sounds like a *jackhammer* while removing/installing sheetmetal screws from $1000 washers/dryers.

Some customers noticeably became alarmed at the BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM! noise caused by the drill :)

Read more: http://appliantology...2#ixzz2PBHvZiDb
Follow us: fixitnowsamurai on Facebook

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#24 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,865 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Well Since this post was started by the Samurai, maybe it's okay to hijack it!  lol

love the bosch....did a mini review of it at christmas time  http://appliantology...-combo-set-112/  it's my favorite.

but to go in my micro bag...I use  sklr2354-02-rt_zps78be5c83.jpg   Love the small size and 90 degree attachment.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#25 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

The Bosch PS41 impact tool sounds like a *jackhammer* while removing/installing sheetmetal screws from $1000 washers/dryers.

Some customers noticeably became alarmed at the BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM! noise caused by the drill :)

I thought it was too noisy to at first then the more I got used to using it the easier it was to use without being so noisy.

It can be getting some screws out if they are really tight, but, that's where the right amount of pressure and the variable trigger can help keep that to a minimum. If it hammers putting them in you have them cross threaded.

I've never had any problems with customers, but, my customers know I'm respectful of their appliances.

Edited by tpoindexter, 31 March 2013 - 11:51 PM.

Test

#26 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

I thought it was too noisy to at first then the more I got used to using it the easier it was to use without being so noisy.

It can be getting some screws out if they are really tight, but, that's where the right amount of pressure and the variable trigger can help keep that to a minimum. If it hammers putting them in you have them cross threaded.

I've never had any problems with customers, but, my customers know I'm respectful of their appliances.

When i purchased it , both the impact and non impact versions came in the kit..  I use the impact at home and the standard version at customer's house....no noise.

#27 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

When i purchased it , both the impact and non impact versions came in the kit..  I use the impact at home and the standard version at customer's house....no noise.

Maybe I should get one and try it. It's a win win because I'd always have the other as backup if needed.

Test

#28 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

Maybe I should get one and try it. It's a win win because I'd always have the other as backup if needed.

Also you can use drill bits in the standard model. The impact model makes it harder to use drill bits for safety reasons I assume

#29 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

Someday I might make a toolbag video

Would love to see that!  Let's compare armaments:

<<<How did you get enough room to remove the control panel screw inside the machine with the top panel just slid back? It only slides back a few inches. Did you use a stubby or offset ratcheting driver?>>>

For a stacked LG washer/dryer----not "shoehorned" into a tight location---slide the washer top cover and dryer rearward about 1 to 2 inches.

Carefully lift/push dryer (tilt back) and place a small 2x4 wood block at each corner.
Use stubby phillips.

Keep your 3rd eye on the dryer at all times during the repair process---especially if it's a gas dryer...

Good tips, Domo, John!  

#30 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

Well Since this post was started by the Samurai, maybe it's okay to hijack it!  lol

My topics are always hi-jackable!   :dude:

#31 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

i prefer to take the front panel off the LG washers, i find it faster taking the front off

however...  if i am stuck by myself and there is a stacked dryer, i can change the boot with the front on

The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics