Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Lg WM3001HRA Steam Washer takes along time to complete final spin

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dreid2

dreid2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Alexander Keiths

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

I know you heard of this hundred's of times but after numerous attempts at trying to fix about $900 now, I am ready to get rid of this washer.  The washer is about 4 years old now and is used about twice a week. 

To start off, I know my wife has been over-filling the detergent dispenser for probably about 4 years and now this problem of taking along time to complete final rinse is happening.  Washer gets to 7 min. on final rinse and stays there going back and forth with a little draining each time.  I've tried the deep cleaning(spin speed & soil level buttons cycle) with Tide washing machine cleaner, still no luck. Replaced pump, still no luck.  Replaced Main control board, still no luck.  Replaced Hall Effect sensor and 3 dampers and ensured accurate level of machine and STILL NO LUCK.  I want to try another good cleaning but I think I may have bigger problems.  Any help from somebody that knows their shit would be very grateful.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

... I know my wife has been over-filling the detergent dispenser for probably about 4 years

:nono:

That's one of the worst thing you can do ..

ALSO, make sure you're only use HE detergent.

May now be bad Bearings, causing an imbalance condition.

Are there ANY suds when running an empty load without detergent ?

Any Error Codes ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

An unusual symptom/failure.

Is the washer on a WOOD floor?

If yes---is the floor "weak"?

If yes---does everything around the washer shake during spin cycle?

If yes----has the washer *never* been able to adequately maintain a smooth spin cycle---even when it was new?

If yes...

Then it's highly likely that the massive-sized INNER TUB has failed (rear support/trunnion)---stress crack/failure.

When this occurs---the stainless steel Inner Tub will "flail about" wildly during the spin cycle---and damage the liquid-filled BALANCE RING at the front of the tub (oil/fluid leak).

Once the fluid (clear color) has leaked---the tub will wobble/shake excessively---even when empty.

During the ramp-up from slower spin speeds(and draining of water from the tub)---the washer (computer) will attempt to accelerate the tub spin speed at around "9 minutes remaining" but is repeatedly *aborted* by the Main Board (detects excessive tub movement).

Solution...

1) New INNER TUB (lifetime warranty)

2) BALANCE RING

3) Possibly BEARINGS & bearing SEAL  (or can order the entire rear tub half shell which contains bearings & seal).

4) Reinforce flooring

Edited by john63, 31 March 2013 - 06:56 PM.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#4 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

Broken wire in the harnnes running to hall sensor/stator. when the tub starts moving it loses contact and misreads it as off balance load?

#5 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

Or a coin stuck in the hose between the tub and pump, or the drain hose. They get stuck in a way that acts like the choke on a carburetor, sometimes open, sometimes closed or anything in between. Have found several LG's like this.

Maybe it is so severely soap overloaded that the pump suds-locked. Run an empty hot wash cycle with 1/2 cup veg oil to knock down the excess soap. Also, remove and clean the hose between the dispenser and tub, it may be full of soap.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#6 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

<<<Broken wire in the harnnes running to hall sensor/stator. when the tub starts moving it loses contact and misreads it as off balance load?>>>

If an *intermittent* "LE" error occurs---this would be a possibility as well.

Read more: http://appliantology.../#ixzz2PAhuP4vz
Follow us: fixitnowsamurai on Facebook

Edited by john63, 31 March 2013 - 09:50 PM.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

#7 LTinker

LTinker

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

I HAVE THE ANSWER!!!  I have the same machine, same age, same symptoms.  Mine started acting up in February.  After three visits by my repair person and a lot of research on his part it turned out that the Vibration Sensor needed replacing.  It communicates between the brain and the hall effect sensor if the machine is out of balance or not.  In my case, it would say it was out of balance when it was not, and that it was in balance when it was not, preventing the machine from rebalancing itself. When he ran a report the readings were showing the machine was out of balance when it wasn't even operating.  That was the big clue. 

My repair person said that he has not seen other similar machines that use this sensor.  I shared with him your problem and all the advice given and he said those were right on with normal logic.  The problem, this particular model is just slightly different.

The part is called a Vibration Sensor (though you might see it called a humidity sensor).  

The LG part number is EBD48922801.

My repair person charged me $89 for the part plus some labor.  I'm ecstatic after fearing I would be replacing my $1400 machine after only three years. I know its bittersweet since you already spent a lot.  

I may need to replace my shocks as they got stretch a bit with all the out of balance episodes while we figured it out, so look out for that too.

Oh the joy of fresh clean towels!! It's been too long!!!

#8 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

<<<After three visits by my repair person and a lot of research on his part it turned out that the Vibration Sensor needed replacing.>>>

A plausible/possible cause of fault/failure in your washer.

If so, rare.

<<<It communicates between the brain and the hall effect sensor>>>

The Inertia/Imbalance Sensor---sends data to the Main Board.

The Hall Effect Sensor also sends data to the Main Board---two different sensors---two indepedently different sources of data feedback.

<<<In my case, it would say it was out of balance when it was not, and that it was in balance when it was not, preventing the machine from rebalancing itself.>>>

<<<When he ran a report the readings were showing the machine was out of balance when it wasn't even operating.  That was the big clue.>>>

Which report? How was it obtained?

<<<My repair person said that he has not seen other similar machines that use this sensor.>>>

Not an LG authorized technician ?

This is a commonly used sensor (Inertia).

<<<Oh the joy of fresh clean towels!! It's been too long!!!>>>

I am glad that the problem with your LG washer has been resolved :)

On the other hand---I'm deeply sceptical of the diagnostics/repair description..

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Read below:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics