Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MomAdams

Best Laundry Pair?

9 posts in this topic

I finally get to buy a new front loading washer and dryer! Which brand(s) have the fewest service calls?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

opinions vary ..

also depends if Washer is abused ...

and where Washer will be located (upper level wood floor / basement cement floor)

Dryer location (for short Venting)

1) maybe Whirlpool Duet (maybe not Duet Sport)

2) LG (may be hard to find factory service in your area)

3) GE (high price parts)

3) Frigidaire (Tub / Bearing failures)

4) Samsung (hard to get parts and maybe service)

4) Bosch (hard to get parts and maybe service)

Kenmore is made by various brands

I am biased, but LG.

We have three colleges in our area. If you can put a washer in a Frat house and it survives, it's got to be damn good. LG the longest running, most durable brand in Frat houses. Just my two cents. 

LG.

Also survives Beauty Salons and Animal Veterinary Hospitals---6 to 8 loads per *day*.

Easy-Peasey diagnostics and serviceability.

In the approximately three years that I've participated on this forum----parts availability and servicer knowledge has exploded exponentially---and continues to do so.

Part of it is Sears----training their technicians nationwide---on Kenmore/LG products.

Edited by john63

I am biased, but LG.

We have three colleges in our area. If you can put a washer in a Frat house and it survives, it's got to be damn good. LG the longest running, most durable brand in Frat houses. Just my two cents.

I cannot dispute you if by "durable" you mean "durable frontloader. " If not, then you have some really tame frat houses in your area. Here, the out of control trust fund babies who occupy the frat houses around Duke Univeristy, make short work out of all of the newer high tech frontloaders. I've found that beer, urine and even vomit make good electrical conductors and can do amazing things to control boards and hall sensors. Have you ever been on a call to repair a frontloader being used as a lacrosse goal?

Durham!!! Dont you know vomit makes the paint shine!

I cannot dispute you if by "durable" you mean "durable frontloader. " If not, then you have some really tame frat houses in your area. Here, the out of control trust fund babies who occupy the frat houses around Duke Univeristy, make short work out of all of the newer high tech frontloaders. I've found that beer, urine and even vomit make good electrical conductors and can do amazing things to control boards and hall sensors. Have you ever been on a call to repair a frontloader being used as a lacrosse goal?

Three weeks ago, frat house tried to polish rocks in a front loader. Of course, basket wouldn't turn (that was the call). Wonder why it wouldn't turn?    

Edited by Wingerman

... frat house tried to polish rocks in a front loader. 

It was only a matter of time:

Lol... I know I must be senile because I can't remember being that stupid when I was in college. As a matter of fact, I can't remember ever being that stupid.

Reg, that washer rocks in more ways than one ! Gotta, add that to one of my upcoming videos.. "My Washer Moves Like Jagger" ie Adam Levine as an Appliantologist.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0