Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Killer Kitchenaid Fridge md.KSSP48QKS00

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tone Blair

Tone Blair

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Its my birthday today, so help me out here!!

md. KSSP48QKS00

So, I worked on this Kitchenaid fridge awhile ago.

The customer initially wanted to change the food door gasket, there was a little gap, and they also complained about water spilling on the floor.

I checked the drain pan under the fridge and it was filled pretty high with water, there is a drain heater that was a little warm, but not so hot, I'd imagine it was part of the seal system, it was covered in lime scale, so I dont know if that has an effect on it.

When I went back to install the door gasket, I discovered that the icemaker liner has been leaking, so I ass-u-me-d that, thats were the extra water was coming from. So I disconnected power from the icemaker so they couldnt use it.

Its been months and havent heard anything from the customer, until the other day, now shes saying the temp in the fridge was 52 degrees.

It sounds like a nightmare that I dont want to go back on, but Im going back tomorrow. Im a bit concerned about the Temp, although I think I can figure that out. Im trying to figure out where all this extra water is coming from??

Also, does anyone have a Tech Sheet for this??

Thanks!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

should be similar
KSSP48QKS01
KSSP48QKS02
Wiring Sheet - 2254722.pdf

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Tone Blair

Tone Blair

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Thanks a bunch, ill keep ya posted!

#4 nomoney

nomoney

Samanera

• Master Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:dr pepper

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

" and they also complained about water spilling on the floor."

If you still have the water issue....

Was the water on the FF side?  If so check the water resevoir tubing (behind crispers in FF). Sometimes they split or the fittings get loose.
If the water is coming from the freezer side.... check the water dispenser tubing going into the bottom of the freezer door.

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,402 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

If the condensation pan under the fridge was full, then more than likely the leak may have been an oveflow from the pan. I would check anything that could leak and enter the pan. Leaking ice maker fill tube inside the freezer could cause that since the water would run into the drain tube. The other possibility would be a leaky water filter or line as it passes over the drain pan under the fridge.

If the leaking and the temp issues are related (and I always begin with the premise that multiple problems are related) then it's possible your ice maker fill tube was partially clogged due to ice build up and possibly a frozen water cascade has covered the top of the evap. I've had two kitchenaid fridges where the ice maker fill tube somehow disappeared. The resulting water /ice cascade over the evap was astonishing. I missed it initially the first time I went on this type of call since i did not see any frost when looking through the vents at the bottom of the evap cover. The defrost was working clearing frost at the bottom of the evap but the ice buildup on top of the evap prevented circulation. Just a stab in the dark.I

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#6 Tone Blair

Tone Blair

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

So, I checked everywhere for water leaks, nothings leaking.

This is my theory, I think there is a freon leak somewhere, the evap was taking a little long to fill up, the coondenser wasnt that hot, and drain pan heater wasnt hot at all, so im thinking that the pan is overfilling because theres no heat to evaporate it.

Anyway I told the lady to call Kitchenaid directly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics