Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Will a Supco RIM900 Ice Maker replace a Maytag D7824706Q?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light or Vodka

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

I need to replace the Ice Maker in this Maytag SXS Model Number MSD2456GEB. Calls for D7824706Q ice maker, Supco says the RIM900 is compatable. Does anyone know? It looks real similar. The only differance I see is the mold is white in the Supco and brown in the OEM.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 bayouboy

bayouboy

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Abita Beer Purple Haze

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

I stock the w10190965 bare ice maker that can be modified to fit most whirlpool products. cost about $40.00 does not come with plastic cover or metal arm.

#3 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light or Vodka

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

The Supco RIM900 did work. I saved about $3 over the W10190965.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics