Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Stack; WSM2700REWWH (GTUP270EMWW)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mcathcart

mcathcart

Unsui

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Pete's

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Guys,  (not to offend any Ladies here)

I've been working on a newer GE 27" Stack,  from memory it was manufactured in 2011.  This Model Does Not Have A Mechanical Timer,  it has a control board.  

The owner complains that it's taking too long to wash.   Pulling the Tech Sheet (which I wish I had a copy with me)   the unit has Diagnostics codes. (by a series of LED on the front panel).   Checking the Errors it had two,  "Over Fill" and "Pump Time Out".     With the two errors  pulled the Level Sensor.  Opening it up it appeared to be working properly.  This one reads Resistance from a carbon track on a small circuit board.  Putting it back in and Clearing the Error Codes, it stated up normally.  Filled the drum to the 1/2 way point with water and stops.  Going into the wash cycle, it senses the load by pulsing the agitator.  Everything looked OK but it throws the same two errors.  

This thing is so new, I've been unable to find anything (problem wise) with it.      Running a search on New GE 27 Stack I get back Model Number GTUP270EMWW.   This unit looks exactly like the one I'm working on.  I have no idea where it was purchased.

Any ideas or Help would be appreciated.  

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,726 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

Are you sure the pump is working properly? Check for drain restrictions. Drain hose clogged or too high or to deep in pipe?

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

... WSM2700REWWH
... (GTUP270EMWW)

Two completely different animals ...
which one is it ?
Model number directly from the machine's model / serial number plate.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 mcathcart

mcathcart

Unsui

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Pete's

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

Two completely different animals ...
which one is it ?
Model number directly from the machine's model / serial number plate.

Checking the Model Number and my notes.  You are correct,  It is Not the WSM2700REWWH.   It has to be in my other book and since I just walked in from a long day,  I'm not getting up to walk out to the van and get my other book.  I'll post it Wed morning.   

Edited by mcathcart, 02 April 2013 - 08:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics