Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

mcathcart

GE Stack; WSM2700REWWH (GTUP270EMWW)

4 posts in this topic

Guys,  (not to offend any Ladies here)

I've been working on a newer GE 27" Stack,  from memory it was manufactured in 2011.  This Model Does Not Have A Mechanical Timer,  it has a control board.  

The owner complains that it's taking too long to wash.   Pulling the Tech Sheet (which I wish I had a copy with me)   the unit has Diagnostics codes. (by a series of LED on the front panel).   Checking the Errors it had two,  "Over Fill" and "Pump Time Out".     With the two errors  pulled the Level Sensor.  Opening it up it appeared to be working properly.  This one reads Resistance from a carbon track on a small circuit board.  Putting it back in and Clearing the Error Codes, it stated up normally.  Filled the drum to the 1/2 way point with water and stops.  Going into the wash cycle, it senses the load by pulsing the agitator.  Everything looked OK but it throws the same two errors.  

This thing is so new, I've been unable to find anything (problem wise) with it.      Running a search on New GE 27 Stack I get back Model Number GTUP270EMWW.   This unit looks exactly like the one I'm working on.  I have no idea where it was purchased.

Any ideas or Help would be appreciated.  

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Are you sure the pump is working properly? Check for drain restrictions. Drain hose clogged or too high or to deep in pipe?

... WSM2700REWWH

... (GTUP270EMWW)

Two completely different animals ...

which one is it ?

Model number directly from the machine's model / serial number plate.

Two completely different animals ...

which one is it ?

Model number directly from the machine's model / serial number plate.

Checking the Model Number and my notes.  You are correct,  It is Not the WSM2700REWWH.   It has to be in my other book and since I just walked in from a long day,  I'm not getting up to walk out to the van and get my other book.  I'll post it Wed morning.   

Edited by mcathcart