Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Washer MVWC400XW0

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jlb813

jlb813

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Customer reports this washer will not spin. She says it was making a squealing sound and then it quit spinning. I have never worked on this model but I know it has a belt so that is my first quess; however, the customer reports that the door lock light is flashing as opposed to staying on. I could use a service manual and any words of wisdom you might have concerning likely problems with this washer. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jlb813

jlb813

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

If anyone has any information on this washer I could sure use it. The washer is not going through the spin cycle. I am scheduled to work on it tomorrow. When the customer first called, the machine would not do anything, but the lid light was flashing. The customer said that the lid was locked at that time. I had her unplug, wait a few minutes, and plug it back in. The washer started to fill, the lid light came on and then went out, the lid unlocked, then the light came back on and the lid locked. I told her to let it go through the cycle, but she called back and said the machine was running, the lid light was out, and the lid was unlocked. Since then, the light has remained off, the lid stays unlocked, but the washer fills and agitates. It will not spin. I thought it should not do anything unless the lid locked. I do not know how to check the lid switch to verify whether it is good or not. Any help would be appreciated.

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

http://appliantology...her-tech-sheet/

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 03 April 2013 - 09:07 PM.
Moved link to Downloads section

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 WalterG7712

WalterG7712

Yamabushi

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:PNG coffee

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

what was the solution. I have one that spins in the wash cycle but not in the spin cycle.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,646 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

Walter, please start a new topic on your washer problem in the Laundry forum.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics