Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

G.E. Dishwasher Model# GSD4020Z00BB: I've replaced all major parts, still cant get it to work.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Root Beer

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

The original complaint was that the control panel wasn't behaving properly and the DW wouldn't fill.  I could get the water valve to fill with a jumper cord.  The motor and pump would run for a little bit, but then shut itself off. These are the parts I've replaced in order:

1. Main Control Board P/N WD21X10100

2. Timer P/N WD21X10018

3. Pump/Motor P/N WD26X10013

...still did the same thing, except the control lights go on when you push the buttons, still doesn't fill and or run for very long.

I cleaned out the sump area and found a white plastic 'rod' that looks like a spare float switch rod.  I removed it, and still doesn't cycle properly.

I checked the float switch, which is Normally Closed and it checked out good with my meter.

Am I missing something so obvious?  Help!  Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

http://appliantology...4-z-mechanical/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 maytagman

maytagman

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Spotted Cow

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

I think I remember having a similar problem and it had something to do with losing the neutral.  when it is suppose to be filling, check with your meter leads on one of the valve terminals and the other on ground. If you have 120v to ground but not across the hot and neutral at the valve terminals you know you are losing the neutral, which just pigtails off of the motor and the solenoid if I remember right. Could be a broken wire in the harness where the door pivots. Sometimes they are like the old wpl wig wag wires that look ok, but are broken off inside the insulation and will conduct enough to test good when you do a continuity test but not when you try to run current thru them.

#4 Ritz

Ritz

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Did you start your troubelshooting at the outlet? Loose wires in the wall?

#5 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

No I did not...wish I had. will head back tomorrow and yank machine out of hole to check outlet behind.  It could have been soooo much easier to check the outlet today when I was there. 

Is it good enought to check the outlet with a polarity/outlet checker, or should I open the box and poke around with my wet fingers?

#6 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

If I can trace this problem back to a short in the wiring at the door, will I be able to find the exact wire and break and splice it?

#7 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

General Electric Recalls Dishwashers Due to Fire Hazard

Hazard: Liquid rinse-aid can leak from its dispenser onto the dishwasher's internal wiring which can cause an electrical short and overheating, posing a fire hazard to consumers.

http://www.cpsc.gov/...to-Fire-Hazard/

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics