Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Dishwasher (FGHD2465NF1A) Leak

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis B

Dennis B

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Hi,

I just installed this dishwasher today and have a small leak.  It does not leak until the cycle is complete and the door is opened and then I get a small 2 or 3 inch puddle.  I took the front panel off and ran it again and the water is coming from the door vent duct assembly. 

Is there something I can do to fix this or should I call for warranty service? 

Thanks for your help.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

call for warranty service

Yes!

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#3 Dennis B

Dennis B

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

Tech came out today to check out my water leak.

Before he ran it thru a cycle he said that it is a good idea to wait an hour or two after it's finished before opening the door.  This would let the water disipate

After he saw the leak for himself he said there might be a fix for it and he would get back to me.

I hope there is a fix.

#4 Dennis B

Dennis B

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Tech came out today and replaced the door vent duct assembly and said that the problem may be that the vent fan is not working but that they always go with the cheapest fix first.

The dishwasher is still leaking so now I have to be inconvenienced for a third time.  Would it be reasonable to try to return the dishwasher to Lowes and get another brand or should I get the fan replaced?

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

give Lowes a call ..

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

Would it be reasonable to try to return the dishwasher to Lowes and get another brand?

Better hurry, I believe their return policy is 30 days...

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics