Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
ncc1701e

Kenmore Refrigerator 795.71059010

5 posts in this topic

This is one of those foreign looking not really Kenmore-ish machines. Ice maker doesn't work. Water dispenser shows good pressure. There are no ice cubes in the ice maker and when I put a glass of water in it manually it freezes but the cubes don't get ejected from the ice maker even over night. Do I have a bad ice maker? When I turn the ice maker off and back on using its own power button, it makes a few stepper motor like sounds and I see the mold trying to rotate or turn back and forth but very little movement barely enough to get noticed, but thats about it nothing else, it goes quiet again.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

edit : did not look up ice maker , sorry , asleep ,

soon as i saw it i thought .........shoot ....it ..........it's dead

Edited by Cactus Bob

Under the left side of the icemaker is a small square test button. Hold it down and see if it starts rotating then fills with water. If it doesn't rotate ,replace icemaker. Part # aeq72910408. If it rotates and doesn't fill, we will need to dig in further. Very rarely is it not the ice maker.

Ok I will try the test button procedure. Thanks BryanS.