Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung Refrigerator not cooling well. A lot of ice. Error 2E. Screen locked. Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ronnyruiz

ronnyruiz

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Hi I have a samsung refrigerator model RS267TDRS/XAA.

I have a problem with the right side. Not cooling well. It does not feel the cold. I removed the drawers and found ice on the back of the drawers. I wanted to remove all the cover but I could not, I had a lot of ice. I was stuck. Not open. I unplugged the refrigerator until the next day to remove the cover and see what the problem is.

When you plug the refrigerator back, flashing an error code on the front display. "2 E". I want to press a button but you can not, all the buttons are locked. Just flashes the code "2E". I removed the back cover of the drawers and no ice. The refrigerator turns on fine, but now I can not do anything with that code.

The first problem was that it was freezing the fridge well, because I had a lot of ice accumulation. I suspect a problem with the defrost system. And now this code.

What is going on with my refrigerator?. Because ice is full?. Again filled with ice again?, I will be having cooling problems? Because that error code? What is the solution?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Ohm

Ohm

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Buckler

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Hi I have a samsung refrigerator model RS267TDRS/XAA.

I have a problem with the right side. Not cooling well. It does not feel the cold. I removed the drawers and found ice on the back of the drawers. I wanted to remove all the cover but I could not, I had a lot of ice. I was stuck. Not open. I unplugged the refrigerator until the next day to remove the cover and see what the problem is.

When you plug the refrigerator back, flashing an error code on the front display. "2 E". I want to press a button but you can not, all the buttons are locked. Just flashes the code "2E". I removed the back cover of the drawers and no ice. The refrigerator turns on fine, but now I can not do anything with that code.

The first problem was that it was freezing the fridge well, because I had a lot of ice accumulation. I suspect a problem with the defrost system. And now this code.

What is going on with my refrigerator?. Because ice is full?. Again filled with ice again?, I will be having cooling problems? Because that error code? What is the solution?

Press the lighting and energy saver buttons simultaneously for 8-10 seconds and it will reset the unit out of error mode. You have to troubleshoot the refrigerator defrost issue. It's probably an open heater which is a pita to change You have to order the evap assy and change over the heater without damaging the evap.

Of course...could be something else!

here is the fast track

http://appliantology...st-track-r2pdf/

#3 ronnyruiz

ronnyruiz

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

Thank you and I could correct the error "2E". There was a sensor that is connected with the lamp, so I went out this error. Now, after correcting the sensor error, I have the problem of defrost.

- How I can check the resistance heater element ... samsung works differently or only test continuity? (Attached photo of the resistance for help.)

- As I test the defrost sensor?

- How do I force the system drefrost the fridge to see if my defrost system work?

53BD308F3.jpg

#4 Ohm

Ohm

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Buckler

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

The fast track in my above link explains how to put the unit in forced defrost, but at this point I would just take the evap cover off and measure the resistance on the defrost heater. There are three connectors coming from the evap assy. The defrost sensor has thin yellow wires.. probably NOT your issue. Measure the thermostat which should be a short and the defrost heater should measure 103 ohms (also in the above fast track on pg 1).

by the way... your pic does not show up.

#5 ronnyruiz

ronnyruiz

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Thanks for your reply. Force defrost mode and lit resistance. To my surprise the defrost system worked properly. Then it was filled with ice?. It froze the bord of the refrigerator?. The hostess tells me suffer a lot of low voltage, which remains without power sometimes. This is all that has been filled with ice?

Although the system was working fine defrost, defrost change the fuse to fix the problem. Hopefully now if it works well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics