Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung Dryer DV316BEW/XAA

Lights no run

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Service call to be made, complaint is control panel lights up, dryer tries ? to run, but does nothing.   Any service, fast tract manual?

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Ohm

Ohm

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Buckler

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Service call to be made, complaint is control panel lights up, dryer tries ? to run, but does nothing.   Any service, fast tract manual?

http://appliantology...-manuals-bundle

DV203 R4 Fast track.pdf

applies to this model

It's probably the belt or the thermostat on the blower housing.

Edited by Ohm, 04 April 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Went across the ferry to the island this afternoon to service dryer.   Belt was chunked off shaft & idler pulley. Pulley mounting bolt had backed out so idler assembly was very loose.  Wheel on shaft was binding.  Cleaned unit up, disassembly drum rollers, cleaned wheels & shafts, used powdered graphite to lubricate wheels.  Checked heater coils, thermostat, & limit switches for continuity.  All good beeps.  Check for short to ground.  Checked resistance at thermistor, 11.8 Kohms @ 73 degrees.   243 VAC at receptacle, 120+volts each leg.  Reassembled unit. plugged in.

Dryer upon plugging in made its energized noise.   Pushed power button, nothing.  Pushed start button, dial lit up & drum started rolling.  after about 30 seconds dryer shutdown with audio & visual error code (l=0  thermistor open).  Pushed power button, nothing.

Any suggestions or way to put machine in diagnostic mode?   Domo

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lights, no run

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics