Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Patricio

GE LSHS6LE7SS

5 posts in this topic

Going for a call, complaint is no water to ice maker or water dispensor.  Asked usual questions.  Filter was changed, refrigerator was unpluged & defrosted so waterlines should not be restricted.  I doubt if both water valves have gone bad.  My thinking is control bad has gone screwey not sending power to the water valves. 

Some insight to the testing of the control board for whatever if tech sheet is not in unit.  I know owner he likes to tinker not knowing what he is doing.  Sure tech sheet has disappeared.   Google searched on this site, cannot find anything for this SxS refer.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You sure that model number isn't GSHS6LE7SS?

No  That is what Glenn gave me over phone last night.  making call in 30 minutes I will double check.

LSHS6LE7SS

there's seems to be more that (1) wrong letter :blink:

IS this funny or aggravating??  Dude must-a-been too many when he called yesterday evening.  Ist calls my wife's phone instead of the business, I have hers listed as alternate/texting.  Model # is corrected as LSHS6LGZBCSS.

Preliminary diagnostic pushing water dispenser I had few drops of water & ice-maker had i scrawny ice cube.  Water line from supply line to fridge supply line has plenty pressure.    From supply inlet to water filter back to water valve few drops.   Take lines loose can blow from water-valve to filter, air flows good.  from supply side to filter  nada-nothing.  Take water filter off, customer still insisting filter is new from Lowe's, nothing out of the ordinary, looks new.   Hook water lines back up, turn water on, put in Water adapter (yes i had to rummage but I found it on truck).

The new filter mus-ta been a very used filter cause after a few more questions it was a new filter that has been in garage for few months in new opened package.  After putting filter adapter plug on water flowed like a pissing drunk :urinate:   through the water dispenser.  I belive being a pack rat & thinking that he could get more use out of the filter, Glenn put old filter in package to save for a sunny day.  At least he got his refer defrosted old fashion way, unplugging.

Half hour & $100 later   :dancin:  I'm on my way to another job :shufflin:  doing battle :armed: with yet another homeowners Appliance demons.    :yes:    Patricio, thanks for everything you do guys.