Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE LSHS6LE7SS

Control Board

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

Going for a call, complaint is no water to ice maker or water dispensor.  Asked usual questions.  Filter was changed, refrigerator was unpluged & defrosted so waterlines should not be restricted.  I doubt if both water valves have gone bad.  My thinking is control bad has gone screwey not sending power to the water valves. 

Some insight to the testing of the control board for whatever if tech sheet is not in unit.  I know owner he likes to tinker not knowing what he is doing.  Sure tech sheet has disappeared.   Google searched on this site, cannot find anything for this SxS refer.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,064 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

You sure that model number isn't GSHS6LE7SS?

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

No  That is what Glenn gave me over phone last night.  making call in 30 minutes I will double check.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

LSHS6LE7SS

there's seems to be more that (1) wrong letter :blink:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

IS this funny or aggravating??  Dude must-a-been too many when he called yesterday evening.  Ist calls my wife's phone instead of the business, I have hers listed as alternate/texting.  Model # is corrected as LSHS6LGZBCSS.

Preliminary diagnostic pushing water dispenser I had few drops of water & ice-maker had i scrawny ice cube.  Water line from supply line to fridge supply line has plenty pressure.    From supply inlet to water filter back to water valve few drops.   Take lines loose can blow from water-valve to filter, air flows good.  from supply side to filter  nada-nothing.  Take water filter off, customer still insisting filter is new from Lowe's, nothing out of the ordinary, looks new.   Hook water lines back up, turn water on, put in Water adapter (yes i had to rummage but I found it on truck).

The new filter mus-ta been a very used filter cause after a few more questions it was a new filter that has been in garage for few months in new opened package.  After putting filter adapter plug on water flowed like a pissing drunk :urinate:   through the water dispenser.  I belive being a pack rat & thinking that he could get more use out of the filter, Glenn put old filter in package to save for a sunny day.  At least he got his refer defrosted old fashion way, unplugging.

Half hour & $100 later   :dancin:  I'm on my way to another job :shufflin:  doing battle :armed: with yet another homeowners Appliance demons.    :yes:    Patricio, thanks for everything you do guys.

IgonFishn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics