Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
tank69

Maytag Dryer "Dings" 5 times during cycle...never did before

8 posts in this topic

I have a Maytag Dryer [sDE515DAYW] that has started "dinging" during the drying cycle. It has not done this before. The actual operation of the unit, is working fine; however, I can find no information on this issue. It dings 4-5 times...but continues to run....about 5 minutes later...it dings 4-5 times....then continues to run...finally it finishes and stops? Any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by tank69

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Is there a "wrinkle-control" button/option/feature on your control panel? Sounds like is has been activated...purpose, to let you know clothes are dry and ready, but still tumbles with no heat to avoid wrinkling...

Thanks for the reply! I figured that was it...but it has never done this before, and none of the settings were changed. It just seems weird that it just "kicked in"

Does your control have way to turn off or disable the chime? Perhaps it was always doing it, just disabled..

either way I would forget it if no other problems with the unit.

There is no way to disable it...I guess I'm going to put it in "ignore mode" (lol) ...thanks for the help

There is no way to disable it..

Chime ON / OFF

00992968.jpg

Is that an Extended Tumble On/Off switch at the upper right of the panel?

Yes indeed!