Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
SANTA

Whirlpool Gas Dryer

7 posts in this topic

This dryer was only used a few times and then sat for 2 years. The gas valve just vibrates when it's supposed to open. Can these gas valves be opened up and serviced? I wouldn't bother with it but this dryer is in brand new condition, dry no water damage. I did try new coils by the way.

Sorry, model #LGQ9858PW0

Gas valve part #8318277, Substitute #W10337269

Edited by SANTA

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Is the ignitor getting red?

The igniter is good, coils good, flame sensor good. I know the valve is faulty because I replaced it with a used valve assy. and the dryer works. I would rather put the newer valve assy back in if it can be repaired. I don't know how used the used valve is.

...  This dryer was only used a few times and then sat for 2 years.

... The gas valve just vibrates when it's supposed to open.

Was the little rubber "cap" re-installed on the Gas Pipe Stub during storage ?

Moisture will get into the Gas Valve and cause corrosion.

just stick with the used one, the only ones i have ever had to replace are ones in storage like yours and some newer ones right out of the box with manufacturing defects

in 26 yrs ive replaced only 2 gas valves on dryers they rarely go out if it works stick with it probley will last as long as u have it

Thanks, I will leave the used valve in. Customer is happy.  What I really want to know is if the valve can be safely repaired. I'm going to take it apart and have a look one way or another.