Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dishwasher Electrolux/Frigidaire FDBB286SFC1 Fault Code PF

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Free

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

Hello,

I need to fix a dishwasher, Frigidaire FDBB286SFC1, that has a fault code PF. My renter says it turns on for 10-15 minutes and then quits. I have looked it up on the internet and looked at the dishwasher. Lying on the floor in front of it, I saw two red wires with female connectors on them that were burnt looking. Looking from the front they were on the left center about in the middle of the dishwasher and connected to something that was going up into the body. I didn't pull the dishwasher out as the renters have small children and I didn't have the part. Without a diagram I don't know what the part is. Have I given enough of a description for one of ye experts to know? I also checked in the electrical box where the power from the house connects to the dishwasher and there were no loose connections there. What I read on the internet (i think it came for the old site actually lol) said to look first for tripped breaker and then burnt wirenuts or wires. Those two red wires didn't look like they went to the control board though.

Oh and Samurai, if you read this, you were correct about the gas stove. The young lady spilled some liquid on the igniter and after letting it dry off it worked perfectly.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

... FDBB286SFC1

maybe
FDBB2865FC1

5995487567.pdf

154493101en.pdf

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

Too funny, you are correct. I can't read my own writing. It came up in google with the F there lol.

Anyway, thanks for the diagrams. As near as I can tell, the only two things that would get power at the bottom would be the motor and the heater correct? Judging from the diagram the motor is on the side where the wires are burnt.

Does it harm a dishwasher to lay it on it's side or back? Looks like I need to take it out of the hole, (disconnect it of course) and test the burnt part and replace it.

#4 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Well, since I can't get an answer I'll just have to tip the bitch up tomorrow and hope for the best.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,185 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

Does it harm a dishwasher to lay it on it's side or back? 

It usually doesn't harm the dishwasher but may harm the floor, which is a bigger concern if precautions aren't taken.  In accordance with the 10th Law of the Prophecy: Never move an appliance to make a repair unless you absolutely have to.

#6 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

How do you reach in under the bottom and get the part out with a three inch clearance space? I REALLY don't want to pull that puppy out.........

As for the 10th law of prophecy? I proved it IT with that last Dryer/washer combo lol. Not ONLY did I have the same impossible connection you reference in your link (thanks by the way, I had missed that before, good stuff there Maynard), but I manhandled that 6 million pound behemoth up an impossible flight of stairs AND screwed up an oak step tread. Thank Lord Buddha that while I am a lowly apliance worm of an apprectice, I AM the wood God and healed the stairs.

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,185 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Can you post a photo of the burnt wires or a markup of their location on a parts diagram?

#8 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

I looked again at the diagram and I really can't mark one and I don't have a photo and don't know how to post one if I did (no photo bucket). yo would think that as much as I know about computers I would not have let the photo posting part slip but I have. I didn't do it so I never kept up with it. What's even worse is I THINK I saw a thread here that tells us how to post photos from our iPhones that I meant to read......

I ca't thinmof how to describe it any better than I did in the first post. Does the heater have two red wires going to it? I think that was the puzzling thing for me, there were two RED wires in an area less than 1 1/2 inches in diameter (yes I know the definition of diameter, radius and circumference Mr. GA Tech lol). Why would anything have two hot wires going up to it. When I looked at the diagram Reg sent me, I saw a motor and the heating element as the only things that would need power and the heater looked as though it was on the right side.

I'll go tomorrow and see if I can't get a picture. Sorry I can't describe it well enough, I'm usually pretty articulate.

Oh and as always, thanks for the help.

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,185 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

You can attach photos in a post if you click the "more reply options" when composing your post.  

You can make a photo album in the Gallery section of this site:

You can also upload from your iphone or Android smart phone using PhotoPhucket or some such online image hosting service:

Do you have the tech sheet for this dishwasher?

#10 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Yes on the tech sheet. Sorry for the delay, i found the video you just linked above and was watching it lol. I will also check out the gallery thing above. I was also looking to see if the techline was open tomorrow.

#11 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,185 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

If it's easier for you, you can fax me the tech sheet at 866-315-4504.

#12 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

I'm sorry. I may be using the wrong term out of ignorance. I have the two files Reg has linked here in his first post.

5995487567.pdf

154493101en.pdf

EDIT: Oh and dude, I NEVER explored the gallery option. How easy to use. Most sites won't give that option. How cool. You can bet I'll be wearing it out in future posts about problems. A picture DOES say 1000 words.

Edited by DeathStalker, 07 April 2013 - 09:54 PM.

#13 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

The part you are seeing with the two red wires burnt and being a Frigidaire, I can almost guarantee you it is the hi-limit safety t-stat for the heater:

http://www.repaircli...154290204/12758

Seems to be a common failing part in the Frigidaire dishwashers, it shouldn't cause the PF error though. It does cause the heater to not work so the water temp won't raise and if you have any of the hi heat or sani cycles selected it will run forever trying to heat the water to the required temp.

I'm sure you know this already, Make sure to replace the wires cutting them back an inch of two from the burnt area and extending them with new wire and connectors along with replacing the hi-limit safety t-stat. If the wiring and connectors aren't replaced along with the safety t-stat you will be back doing this again shortly.

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 11 April 2013 - 07:20 AM.
Added part link to hi-limit thermostat

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#14 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

Thank you Budget. I'm just about to head over there, I couldn't get them to call me back to head there yesterday. Doing for renters is a little different than doing for customers I suppose, at least customers are THERE when they cal you to come out.......

#15 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

Another thing I forgot to mention.   Take the front door panel off, (only two screws, one on each side), and you will have lots more room to work under unit.

A short stubby Phillips screwdriver to remove the retainer that holds the hi-limit safety t-stat in place.  You should be able to reach it without pulling the dishwasher out.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#16 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Another thing I forgot to mention.   Take the front door panel off, (only two screws, one on each side), and you will have lots more room to work under unit.

A short stubby Phillips screwdriver to remove the retainer that holds the hi-limit safety t-stat in place.  You should be able to reach it without pulling the dishwasher out.

Well NOW you tell me lol. I got it done without pulling it out although I cut and scraped the crap out of my arm doing it. It was the high limit T-stat just like you said. Thanks bro.

Once AGAIN the wicked cool experts at Appliantology.org sweep in on their Samurai horses and kick some appliance ass.

Job well done by BAR, Samurai, and Regus. Beer is on me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics