Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool gi7fvcxw Freezing fresh food, ice maker not working

Whirlpool gold model gi7fvcxw

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JR

JR

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Don't think this is built by whirlpool, first one Ive seen, could use service manual if available not sure of airflow , looks like it flows from freezer thru ice maker
And not sure how to access ice maker without breaking something. Freezer is fine.any help greatly appreciated, noticed its no longer being offered by whirlpool. Fancy that!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

need a model number.

Sorry see it now in the tags

Edited by tpoindexter, 08 April 2013 - 07:18 PM.

Test

#3 maytagman

maytagman

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Spotted Cow

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

If there is a problem with the icemaker, that is why it is too cold in the fresh food. The unit tries to make the little icemaker compartment colder to make more ice. If you turn the icemaker off it will probably start cooling in the fridge properly. Could be a frozen fill tube, bad icemaker or just a cube jammed in the fingers. The icemaker pulls out pretty easy. Take the ice bucket out and there is a plastic cover over the wiring that is kind of a pain to remove. It has a slot you stick a screwdriver in and release a tab similar to the plastic evap fan grill on the maytag/amana/wpl bottom freezer. Then on the left side of the icemaker next to the wall there is a tab you release and pull the whole icemaker assy towards you, unplug the wire connector and take the icemaker/fan assy right out. I will try to find and post a tech sheet/repair manual if someone doesn't beat me to it. This is a bottom freezer french door with dispenser right?

Edited by maytagman, 08 April 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

2009 Whirlpool French Door w/IDI

Gemini Flash PCB
JOB AID 8178777
R-109
http://appliantology...-widi-gi7fvcxw/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 maytagman

maytagman

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Spotted Cow

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Ugh, one of those with the in door ice.  I really have't had much to do with those either. I thought it was one of the regular ones with the little freezer compartment in the fresh food. I can't help you much with this one.

#6 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,007 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Looks like on this one you have to remove the entire ff roof (facade) first.  What a joy. See what you find in diagnostic mode first. Why can't everyone be happy with a simple side by side with the icemaker in the damn freezer where it belongs? But noooo we gotta have a bottom freezer 'cause it's cool or maybe we need more room to store tons of food to feed our already fat faces and then we got to build a little freezer in the fridge to put the icemaker cause we are too lazy or too fat to stoop down and scoop some ice to put in our diet coke.  sorry....it just comes out every once in a while.

Appliantology is, however appliances are not, an exact science for I know there are a few refrigerators that actually hate me.

The simplest explanation is most likely the correct and least expensive one, unless it's your compressor or motherboard" Occam as an appliantologist

"When you have eliminated all the impossible, whatever remains, however implausible, must be the logic truth; unless it's your compressor or motherboard." Mr. Spock as an appliantologist

"I think, therefore I have no earthly idea why this thing is not working...I got nothin'...". Rumored to have been uttered by a frustrated Descartes while diagnosing his GE Profile.

#7 AARDL

AARDL

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:PEPSI NEXT

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

LOL at DurhamAppliance,

Reg thanks for the manual just in case I see one of these POS's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics