Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
NCARepair

Hinge recepticles on KA KEBC207KSS05

7 posts in this topic

I need to change the door hinge receptacles behind the liner on this model.  Does not mention them in service manual.  Anybody with any tips on how to change these short of removing the front liner?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Pull the oven entirely out of the kitchen cabinet and remove the side panels.

Maybe some parts changing monkey dna in me but I've learned to change hinges and receptacles cause it sucks to pull this oven and take off the sides only to find the hinges were bad and not the receptacles. (unless the receptacles are obviously bent/broken)

OK, that is what I will do. Hinges were changed a month ago by someone else and it did not fix it. Receptacles are worn on the bottom making the door sag to one side. Weird I know but whatever. Thanks for the quick response.

I've learned to change hinges and receptacles

I'll second that, If I have to order parts, I order both the hinges and the receptacles and quote both in the estimate.

Don't know how you guys do this but the lower side panels support the top half of the oven and the sheet metal wraps around them.  Did get RH off and oven started to collapse.  Had to call another tech friend and we separated the two ovens. Am I missing something here?

Maybe some parts changing monkey dna in me but I've learned to change hinges and receptacles cause it sucks to pull this oven and take off the sides only to find the hinges were bad and not the receptacles. (unless the receptacles are obviously bent/broken)

Not parts changing monkey at all-- I always change both hinges and receptacles at the same time.  Unless there's a service bulletin out that specifically points a specific problem, it's almost impossible to whether the hinge or the receptacle is the culprit so I just change both.  Yep, learned that in rehab.