Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

jlb813

Dacor Range Electric/Gas Combo ERD36SBK/LP

6 posts in this topic

The bake element is not getting power. I want to check the power at the relay board, but I do not know what to remove in order to get to it. I can see the board behind the front grill, but I don't have any idea how to access it. Does anyone know how to get to this board? Do I need to remove the top frame? If so, what tool do you use to remove the brass nuts? 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thanks for the link. I still don't see anything that tells me how to get to the relay board. The parts manual makes it look like I have to remove the top frame, but it doesn't list a tool to use for removal of the brass nuts. any help will be appreciated.

A final update. I purchased the removal tool (Thanks Russ Tech), removed the top frame and gained access to the relay board. The relay board had a burned connection and while I was comfortable with soldering it, the customer insisted on a new board. I replaced the board and all is well. Thanks for all the help.

If you have a burned connection at the DBL break line relay on the relay board, you need to check for a loose L1 connection where the range's power harness connects to house power.  May find a loose wire nut or an improperly done aluminum to copper splice.  If the problem isn't corrected, it'll burn out that relay again and you'll be back.