Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

bobphillips

Whirlpool Duet Sport doesn't cycle

12 posts in this topic

My Duet Sport, WFW8300S, stopped in the middle of a cycle and now won't start a cycle. The lights all work on the panel, door locks, but won't start a cycle. What parts do I need to replace?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The middle of which cycle
Did it pump out water?
You may have a logged or defective water pump.

Will it fill with water ?

Will it Drain the water ?

Any Error Codes displayed ?

Any noises ?   Motor ?

It doesn't display any error codes and doesn't do anything except lock the door. It takes a long time to unlock the door as well.

dooes it have water in it from when it stopped?

It stopped just at the start of the spin cycle so cloths were wet but no standing water in the drum.

Thanks. As soon as I get home I'll try it out.

No cigar. Nothing seemed loose and I sprayed the connections with Corrosion Block, but nada. Actually is worse as before I started the door lock button would unlock immediately,now takes three minutes or so.

Time to replace the door lock assembly.  Order there and if that doesn't fix it, return it for a refund.  Let us know how it goes.  

While I am willing to buy the part or whatever other parts I need, is there a way to proof the switch by jumping several of the wires?

To add to the last post, I am in the Virgin Islands and shipping is expensive and slow, so would like to be sure that I am getting all the parts I'll need n one shipment.

Bob, did you get the switch or are you still waiting for an answer on a definitive check for the switch. If it is intermittent there isnt one. If it has failed look on the side of the switch. It will show the coil and contacts. You can check those, open or closed. Also check the wax motor by hooking a test cord to it (120 vac) It should extend. Or check the resistance. My experience 2-6Kohms. Hope this helps. Let us know.