Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
AmTec Services

Thermador range problems RPG364GLUS

13 posts in this topic

Hey all;

Having a problem with this range. The 2 left burners will not lite. The spark is there, but no gas flow.Ive replaced the simmer controler and the reostats on burner control. Any thoughts?

Samuri, do you have a repair sheet for this range?

Thanks!!

..................AmTec

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... RPG364GLUS

are you sure of that model number ?

Given to me by the customer. I ordered the controller using that #, thought it was a goodin.

controller part number ?

Hey Reg;

Looks like I got dyslecick(?) on you. The # is PRG364GLUS. Also found the like you sent me for the manuel. The controller # is 497234. Thanks!!

Well here's the final resolution to my problem. Found that power was going to the solenoids in the simmer circuit, but both had failed. The kicker was the solenoid's were under a sheet metal cover held down by a brass insert in the burner ventura. The brass was corroded in place. I had to take an angle grinder and grind off the top just to access the solenoids! Well got it opened and replaced the solenoids and all is well in Muddville! Casey didn't strike out this time, but it sure was a lot of effort for the repair. The up side was it earned my wife and I a week at the customer's condo on Madiera Beach Fla!!!!!

Great job!  Would love to see pics.   :smokin:

I don't think I've ever seen both solenoids fail at the same time. My money would have been on the pots it the simmer controller. I've Found the best thing for removing seized venturis. And I've done a lot of them, is a step drill, I also set a roll of duct tape around where I'm drilling to control the chips. I then reassemble with anti-seize.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Both solenoids failing was odd to me also. The unit has been worked on by several techs. It had wires bypassed at the simmer controller and some hooked up to the wrong terminals. It also had new pot controllers. My bet is the solenoids failed at different times but was never properly repaired. The ventura was the kicker, possibly the tech saw the problem and just said it wasn't worth repairing.

Only pic I have shows the oven disassembled. the ventruas are right on top

post-49911-0-33388500-1377735390_thumb.j

I pretty much count on having to drill out venturis when I get a Thermador range or cooktop call. I stock at least six venturis, six large and small jet holders and nuts. When they all come free with no brute force, I consider it to be a nice surprise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Only pic I have shows the oven disassembled. the ventruas are right on top

The "exploded" view.  

Nice pic!  Domo for posting that.  

I have the same unit and it is driving me crazy. The 1 XLO burner sparks and lights sometimes, the other XLO burner does not spark at all. 1 regular burner lights fine (after I replaced cracked ignitor), and the other regular burner sparks sometimes. Gas flow is good to all 4 burners. I’ve replaced the 2 pots for XLO burners. Do I replace the simmer controller? The solenoids? 1 switch? I don’t mind ordering parts and doing the work except for the fact that I have to do major surgery. I’ve read a few postings on similar issues, and it seems that I will have to cut off or drill out the venturis (and pay for replacements) in order to open up the top of the range. In fact, I have to do this in order to put the clips on the new ignitors in order to keep them in place. Is there a way to access the internal area of range without cutting out the venturis? Thanks