Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Thermador range problems RPG364GLUS

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 AmTec Services

AmTec Services

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hey all;

Having a problem with this range. The 2 left burners will not lite. The spark is there, but no gas flow.Ive replaced the simmer controler and the reostats on burner control. Any thoughts?

Samuri, do you have a repair sheet for this range?

Thanks!!

..................AmTec

The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

... RPG364GLUS

are you sure of that model number ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 AmTec Services

AmTec Services

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Given to me by the customer. I ordered the controller using that #, thought it was a goodin.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

controller part number ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 AmTec Services

AmTec Services

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

Hey Reg;

Looks like I got dyslecick(?) on you. The # is PRG364GLUS. Also found the like you sent me for the manuel. The controller # is 497234. Thanks!!

#6 AmTec Services

AmTec Services

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

Well here's the final resolution to my problem. Found that power was going to the solenoids in the simmer circuit, but both had failed. The kicker was the solenoid's were under a sheet metal cover held down by a brass insert in the burner ventura. The brass was corroded in place. I had to take an angle grinder and grind off the top just to access the solenoids! Well got it opened and replaced the solenoids and all is well in Muddville! Casey didn't strike out this time, but it sure was a lot of effort for the repair. The up side was it earned my wife and I a week at the customer's condo on Madiera Beach Fla!!!!!

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

Great job!  Would love to see pics.   :smokin:

#8 danoam

danoam

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

I don't think I've ever seen both solenoids fail at the same time. My money would have been on the pots it the simmer controller. I've Found the best thing for removing seized venturis. And I've done a lot of them, is a step drill, I also set a roll of duct tape around where I'm drilling to control the chips. I then reassemble with anti-seize. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

#9 AmTec Services

AmTec Services

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

Both solenoids failing was odd to me also. The unit has been worked on by several techs. It had wires bypassed at the simmer controller and some hooked up to the wrong terminals. It also had new pot controllers. My bet is the solenoids failed at different times but was never properly repaired. The ventura was the kicker, possibly the tech saw the problem and just said it wasn't worth repairing.

#10 AmTec Services

AmTec Services

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

Only pic I have shows the oven disassembled. the ventruas are right on top

Attached Files

#11 danoam

danoam

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

I pretty much count on having to drill out venturis when I get a Thermador range or cooktop call. I stock at least six venturis, six large and small jet holders and nuts. When they all come free with no brute force, I consider it to be a nice surprise. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

#12 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

Only pic I have shows the oven disassembled. the ventruas are right on top

The "exploded" view.  

Nice pic!  Domo for posting that.  

#13 Ryan-sama

Ryan-sama

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Modelo Especial

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

I have the same unit and it is driving me crazy. The 1 XLO burner sparks and lights sometimes, the other XLO burner does not spark at all. 1 regular burner lights fine (after I replaced cracked ignitor), and the other regular burner sparks sometimes. Gas flow is good to all 4 burners. I’ve replaced the 2 pots for XLO burners. Do I replace the simmer controller? The solenoids? 1 switch? I don’t mind ordering parts and doing the work except for the fact that I have to do major surgery. I’ve read a few postings on similar issues, and it seems that I will have to cut off or drill out the venturis (and pay for replacements) in order to open up the top of the range. In fact, I have to do this in order to put the clips on the new ignitors in order to keep them in place. Is there a way to access the internal area of range without cutting out the venturis? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics