Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE PFS22MBSBWW evap fan removal

GE refrigerator evap fan

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 owler

owler

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:odouls amber

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

hi, new to site haven't posted before.  Looking for two things really a wiring diagram for a GE refrigerator PFS22MBSBWW and a bit of a description of how to access the evaporator fan motor.  I know the Motherboard is bad as I have already jumped out the wires going to the condenser fan motor, so I would like the diagram to see if I can jump power to the evap fan motor (its not running right now).  I am going to be replacing the mboard this week, but need to get the frige cold sooner than I can replace the board.  Thanks for any help.

Owler

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,848 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

I know the Motherboard is bad as I have already jumped out the wires going to the condenser fan motor,

What wires did you jump out and how did you know what to jump without a wiring diagram?

Here's your minimanual:  http://appliantology...726-minimanual/

Part link to your muthaboard.

Main-Control-Board-WR55X10942-01091474.j

Check to see if the muthaboard is putting out 12vdc between the red and white wires on the J2 connector.  If it's not, you can power it with a 9 volta battery or an external 120vdc power supply until your new muthaboard comes in.  I would say that could borrow the 12vdc from somewhere else on the board but it looks like the only steady 12vdc supply is for the evap and cond fans.  

To power the fans with an external supply:

Connect white to negative

and both red and yellow to positive

Do not reverse the leads or you'll be replacing the motors, too.  

Speaking of which, do you see any burned resistors on the muthaboard?

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,108 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

On Ge profiles and Arcticas, always test/replace thermistors and test fan motors before you replace a board. Your board could be responding to information given to it by a bad thermistor and a bad fan motor can burn out a new board.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 owler

owler

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:odouls amber

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

I found a copy of the wiring diagram spring of 2012 on line and couldn't find where i stashed the diagram....i 'm an hvac tech. I tried for a few hours last evening to find the diagram to no avail. I did have an opportunity to pick up the board today and replaced it tonight. All is well, frige is cold and all components are running correctly. The digital temp display even works now! Thanks for the help, much appreciated. I really have lost faith in GE after several appliance purchases over the years all of which had premature deaths.

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

... I tried for a few hours last evening to find the diagram to no avail

mini-manual posted in the Samurai's post, above

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GE, refrigerator, evap, fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics