Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Washer 110.25852400 Just quit

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PKRWUD

PKRWUD

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

Greetings,

I started a load of laundry tonight, set the dial and pulled it out. Water started filling and I added detergent and clothes. I heard it still filling with water as I left the garage. I went back 45 minutes later to throw it in the dryer, and when I opened the lid of the washer, it was filled with water (and clothes). I looked at the dial and it was still at the starting point; it hadn't done anything other than fill with water. I checked the plug and then the circuit breaker and they were both fine. I tried rotating the dial to different parts of the cycle and nothing happened. No clicking, no filling, no draining, nothing. It's acting as though it was simply unplugged.

I am not familiar with this washer, and have never worked on it before, but I presume there's a fuse or circuit breaker inside. My problem is I have a terminal heart condition, and don't have much strength. It's hard enough to move that washer when it's empty, but I can't get it to budge now that it's full of water and clothes.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Is there a way of testing or resetting by opening the top? I don't even have any schematics for it, but I have to be at Cedars-Sinai hospital tomorrow by 2:30, and I need the clothes that are in the washing machine now.

Any thoughts?

Take care,
          ~Chris

Kenmore 80 Series #110.25852400

Edited by PKRWUD, 09 April 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,437 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

Sounds like a bad lid/safety switch. You know when you open the lid during any cycle other the water fill (newer models won't even fill with water) the washer stops? Well if your lid switch is broken, your washer thinks the lid is open and is protecting you from having the spinning tub grab hold of your hand.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

http://www.repaircli...er=110.25852400

Lid-Switch-Assembly-3949247-00680437.jpg

Edited by tpoindexter, 09 April 2013 - 11:03 PM.

Test

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

And I am prevented ethically from telling you that you can bypass the safety switch. So forget I said anything about bypassing the safety switch since bypassing the safety switch can lead to an unsafe washer that has a bypassed safety switch. I know nothink!

Ps but you can bypass it for testing purposes only (your needed load of clothes could just happen to be in the washer)

#5 PKRWUD

PKRWUD

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

You guys were right on the money. Thanks so much!!!

Lid switch part link

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 10 April 2013 - 11:19 AM.
Added part link to lid switch.

#6 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

pssst....don't say anything about me not mentioning bypassing the safety switch since I wasn't there and it wasn't me  :peepwallA: 

#7 PKRWUD

PKRWUD

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

pssst....don't say anything about me not mentioning bypassing the safety switch since I wasn't there and it wasn't me  :peepwallA: 

I don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

#8 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

My conscience has gotten the best of me and I had to confess....now I must do a Public Safety Announcement:

" in my desire to help a fellow appliantologist, I ignored long standing principles and regulations regarding the bypassing and or disabling of machine safety switches.  Disabling a safety switch or advising others to do so can create unintended and a highly dangerous situation. This should never, ever be done.  In this instance, the thread creator indicated he has a medical condition and needed his clothes before being admitted to the hospital. I only looked at the immediate need and not the potential consequences.  Because of his condition,  the possibility of him having an accident while using the washer is real and the possibility of him not being able to stop a child from opening a dangerous device is real.  These real possibilities far outweigh any immediate and non-life threatening need of the creator of this thread. To that end, I sincerely apologize and respectfully ask that you replace the switch with that required by the manufacturer or recommended by a qualified service technician."

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics