Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher&Paykel fills too high

DD 603 U1 Fault

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AlaskaMatt

AlaskaMatt

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Alaskan Pale Ale

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

I have a F&P DD603 integrated dishwasher drawer system. I'm getting a U1 fault on the bottom drawer.

The fault comes at 3:30 into the cycle. After I get the fault I measure the water in the tub and there was about 3-4 cm of water. I stopped the cycle on the top drawer at 3:30 into the cycle and there was 1-2 cm of water in the tub.

I've replaced the water inlet valve, blew the drain hose out to make sure there wasn't any blockages, swapped the rotor and controller with upper drawer...to no avail.

Any advice?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

there is probably a blockage in the tube from the filter to the rotor

this is what i would check first

#3 AlaskaMatt

AlaskaMatt

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Alaskan Pale Ale

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:18 AM

I checked that and it still gives me a U1fault. When I open the drawer there is water as high as the middle of the spray arm. When I put it into diagnostics to drain the water, it doesn't drain. I have to remove a few cups of water before it starts to drain.

Anything else you can think of?

I,appreciate your help.

#4 btenpin

btenpin

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Seagrams

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

If the unit drains properly and have already relpaced inlet valve, I would be suspicious of hall sensor (rps).  This unit doesn't have a float  to stop fill, so it relys on the info from motor readings to judge water level.  It fills, then cyces wash direction and takes reading.  Washarm has to be on and free to turn or will overfill and fault out.  If all of that is good check wiring to hall sensor, and replace if wiring is good.  Also gently grasp stator cage and make sure it snug, if windings are loose can cause same issue.  If that's the case would need new stator.

Good luck

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

I agree with btenpin to check rotor impeller and cage are tight on shaft.  Also check recess on motor where rotor rests for any defect that might cause binding.  I've seen motors swell the recess when overheating.  Make sure wash plate filter and debris filter are clear.  Check for any insect activity on or around both controllers.  Had a U3 fault on older model that had me chasing my tail.  Replaced water inlet valves and swapped controllers from top to bottom and still got the fault.  Turned out both controllers were bad. G'Day mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics