Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
appmed1

gleh1642ds1

4 posts in this topic

I looked at this machine today. It is clunking on the high  high speed spin. The bearings turn freely, however. It seems to me the spindle is worn. Does anyone have experience with these? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Washer or dryer ??????.. :blinky: ................If it is the washer, it possibly could be an arm of the 'spider' bracket ( part that holds the spin basket) has parted from the said basket...Does the spin basket have any 'up' /  'down'  movement when grasped from the front????  Use the  'spider ' connect point of the basket.................... Spin 'off-center' at high spin speed, when empty???................................If it is the dryer you gots a real problem.. :tongue: ..............

I agree with certified.  The early symptoms of a broken rear basket support is a tapping noise during spin.  If you catch it in time you might save your rear tub bearing and just have to replace your inner basket.  By the time I'm called it's usually too late and I have to replace both inner tub and rear tub assy.

I agree with certified.  The early symptoms of a broken rear basket support is a tapping noise during spin. 

Wisdom!  Let us attend!