Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher Paykel GWL10-US not draining and leaking.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zimminkie

zimminkie

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:H2O, any occasional brew (I like to explore)

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Hello friends, 

It's a somber day in more ways than one.  :rolleyes:

I think my 10 yo FP washer (GWL10-US) is dead...it stopped draining during the rinse cycle today and begun to leak on the floor (front right side). The diagnostic code says to replace the motor controller module. (I know, expensive). So sad, because the rest of it is still in such great shape.

Anyone have any other suggestions? (Such as, should I even bother checking to see if the pump is the problem, etc.)  

If not, what "used" top-loading, energy-saving, laundry machine brand/model would you recommend? (It's all so overwhelming). I cannot spend much more than $200.

I really appreciate your expertise. Blessings always, Alice  :thanks:

A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives you roses. -- Chinese Proverb

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

My guess is that you got a foreign object such as coins, hairpins or something stuck in the water pump. Unfortunately, with these machines, sometimes when the water pump gets stalled or clogged it takes out the main control board with it.

As far as new machines. I dislike ALL the newfangled, overengineered, computer controlled,  energy saving top load washers.

I would try to find a used, NON energy saving top load washer with an agitator  or repair your present machine.

Scott Wolf

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,711 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

I love all over-engineered, computerized appliances-- the more complicated the better.  

They're helping pay for putting my kids thru collitch!   :rocker:

#4 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,518 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Citrus Mistress

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

The replacement pump comes with an in line fuse so it wont happen again. If you decide to fix it. 

#5 zimminkie

zimminkie

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:H2O, any occasional brew (I like to explore)

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

Thanks everyone. I will network around and see if I can find someone who can come and diagnose my machine gratis or for trade to get a definitive diagnosis. (My dear partner lost his job on the same day). :confused:  

I already spent $300 on it 4 years ago replacing the outer tub and drive spline (which you all so kindly helped me diagnose).  Maybe I can sell it for parts or something. It also needs replacing of the tub suspension rods (have been manually adjusting the spin cycle to medium for a couple of years). It's in good condition otherwise...clean, well-taken care of. <sigh>

In the meantime, a kind friend brought me a 15 yo Sears, direct-drive, Kenmore for free! I'm grateful to be able to laundry at home again. It's amazing how things work out.

Blessings to you all. Alice  :kiss:

A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives you roses. -- Chinese Proverb

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,711 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

Domo, Alice!  Sounds like a happy ending to a rough journey.  The direct drive washer is a good gift, was one of the best top loaders ever built and all the parts are still available for it.  If you ever need help fixing it, you know where to find us!   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics