Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
zimminkie

Fisher Paykel GWL10-US not draining and leaking.

6 posts in this topic

Hello friends, 

It's a somber day in more ways than one.  :rolleyes:

I think my 10 yo FP washer (GWL10-US) is dead...it stopped draining during the rinse cycle today and begun to leak on the floor (front right side). The diagnostic code says to replace the motor controller module. (I know, expensive). So sad, because the rest of it is still in such great shape.

Anyone have any other suggestions? (Such as, should I even bother checking to see if the pump is the problem, etc.)  

If not, what "used" top-loading, energy-saving, laundry machine brand/model would you recommend? (It's all so overwhelming). I cannot spend much more than $200.

I really appreciate your expertise. Blessings always, Alice  :thanks:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

My guess is that you got a foreign object such as coins, hairpins or something stuck in the water pump. Unfortunately, with these machines, sometimes when the water pump gets stalled or clogged it takes out the main control board with it.

As far as new machines. I dislike ALL the newfangled, overengineered, computer controlled,  energy saving top load washers.

I would try to find a used, NON energy saving top load washer with an agitator  or repair your present machine.

I love all over-engineered, computerized appliances-- the more complicated the better.  

They're helping pay for putting my kids thru collitch!   :rocker:

The replacement pump comes with an in line fuse so it wont happen again. If you decide to fix it. 

Thanks everyone. I will network around and see if I can find someone who can come and diagnose my machine gratis or for trade to get a definitive diagnosis. (My dear partner lost his job on the same day). :confused:  

I already spent $300 on it 4 years ago replacing the outer tub and drive spline (which you all so kindly helped me diagnose).  Maybe I can sell it for parts or something. It also needs replacing of the tub suspension rods (have been manually adjusting the spin cycle to medium for a couple of years). It's in good condition otherwise...clean, well-taken care of. <sigh>

In the meantime, a kind friend brought me a 15 yo Sears, direct-drive, Kenmore for free! I'm grateful to be able to laundry at home again. It's amazing how things work out.

Blessings to you all. Alice  :kiss:

Domo, Alice!  Sounds like a happy ending to a rough journey.  The direct drive washer is a good gift, was one of the best top loaders ever built and all the parts are still available for it.  If you ever need help fixing it, you know where to find us!