how to replace a tumbler in above model?
model # wfw9400su01tumbler replace
Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:46 PM
lol. ... here's the short version:
- Remove everything from the tub front and back. (Shocks, hoses, pressure hose, bottom hose, ground wires, drive belt, motor, pulley - but leave the bellow still attached, just disconnect it from the washer front.)
- Pull the weights off front and back to make it lighter. (Tub's are about 53 lbs with all weights removed.)
- Lift the tub out the back (you might disconnect the top brace that holds the valves and lift it up to make it easier.)
- With a Sharpie, mark where the clips are on both halves.
- Remove all the clips and separate out.
- If you are doing this because of a bad bearing, you have to replace the rear tub as well.
- Don't forget to gob up the new bearing with the supplied grease ... and don't forget the new gasket that goes between the tubs
- Put the halves back together - you may have to pinch them together with Channel Locs to get the first couple of clips back in place
- Double check that all hoses have been connected before testing.
Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:16 AM
please don't take offence, but did you understand my question? this was for the inside tumbler replace. am I to believe the 2 tubs have to come out and apart to replace a tumbler? I appreciate all your answers, thank you very much..
Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:01 PM
Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:23 PM
the parts list calls it a baffle. part # 8182233. sorry. thanks for your help.
Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:32 PM
I think on these, you can remove hose 19 from the outer tub and rotate the inner basket around to where the baffle retaining bolt lines up with that hole and lets you get a nut driver in there to remove the baffle. But I may be thinking of another brand, it's been a while since I've had to do that.
Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:24 PM
Yes, YES and yes , should be able to leave machine together , it should slip and snap in place
Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:34 AM
BINGO!!! you just hit a grand slam, thank you very much!!!!!
Recent blog entries on this topic
Rear Drum with Bearing
To learn more about your washer or to order parts, click here .
Source: model # wfw9400su01
Read Full Entry →
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users