Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skissman

Kitchenaid Fridge knock, knock, knocking KSR125F

7 posts in this topic

Hearing a knocking noise when the fridge stops running.  Should I be worried?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Possible internal motor mount has broken.

Time to replace compressor

Ugh. Not really a fix it yourself. I'he heard it about a week, but it is increasing in duration/ frequency. What's the life expectancy?

It will get worse...but I've known fridges to last for years despite the knocking

Run er but watch er. That thing will run for years that way most likely. If it gets really bad you can put it in the garage for a beer fridge.

Yeah, the fridge still has some life in it. But pretty soon it will go to that big appliance store in the sky. However, every time you hear that knock knock knocking remind yourself that it may not be too long and remember its  long and devoted service. Then join in....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_swaxOidGU

I agree.  Inside the hermetically sealed compressor is a motor that is supported by springs.  So unless the refrigerator is radically unlevel then compressor replacement is the only fix.  But that frig can run and indefinitely.  Once it starts tripping circuit breakers that's it.  Repair or replace frig.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0