Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Thermador Range Mod#PGR366Z501 bad switches?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 deezus

deezus

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

This units front left burner wont light and no gas comes on when you turn switch but electrode does spark. The front right burner will not light every time.....it will spark then stop and gas comes out as you turn switch. Its stops sparking right before gas comes out so you have to catch it right. All other burners and oven work fine. I believe I have two bad potentiometers. On the front left switch I see two wires coming off the potentiometer to a connection at the gas line going to the burner. Please help, Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 deezus

deezus

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Anyone? I think the front left might be the potentiometer as that controls the solenoid from opening valve. And the right front like I said before stops sparking just before gas comes out. Any help would be awesome...

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,706 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Have you checked the continuity of the gas valve solenoid for the FL burner? I replace a lot of those. Should also check to see if you're getting 24vdc to it. The manual you downloaded has details on isolating and troubleshooting the solenoid vs the reignitor vs the potentiometer.

#4 deezus

deezus

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

Ok, so when burner is turned on their should be 24 volts at valve? If not bad potentiometer ? If there is bad solenoid. The other front burner on right won't light everytime. It stops sparking right before it lights. Ty forthehelp btw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics