Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool icemaker round plug/flat plug

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Joe@gen2

Joe@gen2

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:35 AM

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator with no icemaker that has the round connector. Someone gave me a new icemaker but of course it has the flat plug. I know they make a universal replacement icemaker that comes with an adapter to use on either type refrigerator.  Can anyone tell how that adapter is wired?

Thanks

Joe

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 05 May 2005 - 07:53 AM

The universal ice maker comes with two different cords that just plug onto the ice maker, is not an adaptor.  You might be able to call around to your local repair shops to see if some one has some spare flat plug cords lying around.  We have several extra of both extra since each universal kit has both of them in the box. 
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Joe@gen2

Joe@gen2

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:28 AM

One of the sitesI was looking at that had the universal replacement had this pic.

Joe

Attached Files

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 May 2005 - 01:54 PM

That would be this site. :dude:

#5 Joe@gen2

Joe@gen2

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:47 PM

That's even better. Can you tell me which wires go to which pins on the round connector?

Joe

:banana:

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:03 PM

I don't remember off hand but it's easy to figure out. Just use your multimeter to test continuity from each pin to the other end.

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:39 AM

I really fail to see how splicing this round plug ice maker cord will work if he does not have the flat plug cord that will be needed to plug into the back of the freezer compartment??  I understood the ice maker was not in the ref. to get the flat plug cord off of.  Guess I miss-undrstood the question. 
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 01:05 PM

My guess is that he's gonna decapitate the flat head and splice on the round head.  In which case, it's even easier:  just match the colors.  The icemaker end of each plug that snaps into the back of the module head is the same. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics