Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Dryer That Has Error E68 and stops every 30 Seconds

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 appliancejack

appliancejack

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Light

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

Model LEQ2152EE0 - I'm having  with a digital display model with the code E68. I ran through the test mode and everything seems to be fine. I took the control out and checked all the buttons manually. Again, everything looks fine. I put everything back together and placed dryer in normal mode and it ran find until the customer tried it in the towel mode. Again, it ran for about 30 seconds and went right back to the E68 code. I believe the only thing left is the control board. It seems that all manuals with these types of boards point to the control board with just about every problem. The dryer is about six years old. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jack

Edited by jwlowe, 17 April 2013 - 04:42 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

from the tech sheets:
E68 Key (button) Stuck Fault
One of the keys (buttons) is stuck closed (active).

Enter function test mode and perform key (button) test to determine which button is at fault.

Carefully free the and perform the test again.
If button is free but the key struck code still exists, replace electronic control/

sorry, not much else to tell you . . .
http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1154933

User-Control-and-Display-Board-134523200

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,099 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

During research I've discovered this error code displayed but the problem was not solved after replacing the board but solved only after replacing the thermostat. The majority have been successful by replacing the board only and a bad tstat doesn't make sense based on the code description but it is in line with an important repair maxim ie "check all wiring and thermostats before replacing a board.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 appliancejack

appliancejack

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Light

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

What stat do u have problem with mostly?

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

I am not sure personally. The person reporting the problem did not elaborate. Again, test them all if possible. If they test okay and you are sure you don't have any sticking buttons, then replace the board

#6 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

The Frigidaire dryer control board "runs home to mama" with the E68 fault code.  It's the only fault code listed and the only one it knows.  It indicates stuck button as Brother Reg advised.  I've never found a stuck button, usually a bad board.  Did have a Gallery dryer the other day with control board and interface.  Threw an E68 at me so I ordered the main control board to have when going out.  Turned out to be the interface.  RATFARTS!!!  P/N for your board is 134523200.

#7 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Had a unit with code E68...I removed the main control board, removed the white plastic housing......Removed all the lint and fuzz that was on the board...........I tried that avenue cuz it was linty and humid inside the dryer...........It had damp fuzz on the solder  side of the board.........Dust off with a brush and reassemble.................It worked..........Also got the job of install a new vent system, about 15 feet in an open basement...............Google 'Heceta Head Light House'..............Love that drive.

#8 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

The Frigidaire dryer control board "runs home to mama" with the E68 fault code.  It's the only fault code listed and the only one it knows.  It indicates stuck button as Brother Reg advised.  I've never found a stuck button, usually a bad board.  Did have a Gallery dryer the other day with control board and interface.  Threw an E68 at me so I ordered the main control board to have when going out.  Turned out to be the interface.  RATFARTS!!!  P/N for your board is 134523200.

That's why I call appliance boards "lying pieces of crap." I don't trust them diagnosing themselves.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Frigidaire Dryer with an E68 error code and stops every 30 Seconds

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 03 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Brother PDuff gives us the inside skinny on this one-trick pony:

Part link for the Main Control Board  with a one-year return policy.

Source: Frigidaire Dryer That Has Error E68 and stops every 30 Seconds

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics