Please help with my Maytag mede200xw1 dryer. I love my appliances and we just got them last year. If I don't do at least two loads a day we have serious Mt. Washmore here!
Here are the facts, relevant or not:
* I can turn the power on and off
* I can press buttons to change the selected cycle
* I can turn the selector dial to change the cycle also.
* there are no error messages and the display will change the amount of time in the window depending on what cycle is selected.
As soon as I press the start button, all I get is three quick beeps.
Here is what I have done, relevant or not:
* Unplugged and re pluged in the dryer
* Checked the vents from machine to outside, all clear.
* tried many combinations of pressing buttons and options.
* Removed the lint trap and made sure nothing is in there.
* Read the user guide to see if there is any reference or help to decode the 3 beeps.
* Reversed the direction of the door, the door catch mechanism had one little piece of plastic missing, so I switched the door so it would catch on the one that looks like it wasn't broken. I thought perhaps that it wasn't registering the door as closed. I really thought that would fix the problem.
* Prayed a lot!
Thanks for your time in considering my dilema.