Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
suampman

Whirlpool dryer lew0050pq1

5 posts in this topic

Help! I ran into this little Italian nerd today and was embarassed. It would not start so, I checked the vent first and then started looking for a thermal fuse. Well, by the time I found the real problem (door switch right on the edge of making) I had removed the back and the belt and drum came with it.

My question is how do you get the belt back on? There is about two inches to the motor and there doesn't seem to any way to get it on to the pulley. My appliantological brothers, I implore you, ease my embarassment with your wisdom of the ages.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thanks for the info.. I'll check back when I finish.

Ahh, Merloni...Had to lay on it's front. Remove cord and heater.  Detach rear drum support and remove rear panel.  Installed new belt on cylinder.  Resecured rear drum support to panel.  While trying to hold belt in place resecured rear panel screw by screw until tight.  Completely forgot what they showed us in training.  Me hate!

Thanks for the run down. I put it back together and it squeaks. The customer said it has squeaked ever since another tech replaced the belt. The customer also said when they first had it installed the installer ran it with a shipping brace in it. In the front where the drum fits the glide there is more space on one side than the other.(looking down from the top) I'm going back to see if I can square up the cabinet on Monday. What puzzles me is how tight the belt is on this unit. I appreciate the feedback from da bodavyous.