Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Washer Drier Combo front loader

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 HVAC TECH

HVAC TECH

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Corona

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

I'm a newcomer to the forum and I want to say hello. I'm an Hvac&r Tech with over 16 years of experience and I plan on helping out in that forum, but I'm in this forum because my washing machine has gone crazy. When it goes into spin cycle the drum starts banging around really bad. I have replaced the shocks on it because it sounded like the logical thing to do since that is what they do, absorb shock. Unfortunately that has not fixed the problem. The unit is a Frigidaire M#LGH1642DS0 stackable front loader.
Today, after putting the new shocks on the washer and running it through a cycle I noticed that along with the drum bouncing all over the place there was a knocking noise coming from what appeared to be inside the drum itself.
I read somewhere in this forum that if you hear knocking to check the bearing by holding the outside drum and moving the inside drum to see if there is any play. Well there is a little, but not enough to make all the racket.
looking into the glass....Rrrrr, plastic door, should the boot cover the inside drums' edges with no load in it? What I mean is, should the inside drum be in the middle of the boot? Loaded or unloaded?
Any help would be wonderful. Thank you

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 HVAC TECH

HVAC TECH

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Sorry for the double post. I needed to edit the first one and when I hit back on my phone it just created another post. Won't happen again :-P

#3 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:redbridge

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:22 AM

Any play between the inner and outer tub must be delt with. From what you are saying that is the main source of your problem.

#4 HVAC TECH

HVAC TECH

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Let me get this right, the only place that the inner tub and the outer tub are connected and supported are the rear bearing? There is no guide or support in the front?

#5 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

i668934.GIF

There is a bearing, shaft and spider bracket supporting the inner tub. The spider brackets are known to crack or break completely.

#6 HVAC TECH

HVAC TECH

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Thank you for your help.  I have pulled out the inner and outer drum and unbolted the outer drum to access the inner drum.  I have removed the bolt on the pulley side and the pulley does not want to come off.  What is the best way to remove the pulley and once the pulley is removed will the inside tub come loose?  I was going to order the inner tub  131618500 but do you recommend replacing any other parts while I have this thing tore apart? 

#7 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

put bolt back on the shaft, socket on that bolt and tap on socket, this should drive the shaft in a lil ways and loosen the pulley

you use the bolt and socket so you dont mushroom the shaft smacking on it

you will probably find the trunion no.23 in the part diagram has a broken arm

VERY common on the frigidaires in houses with water softeners,  softened water eats away the cast aluminum

The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

#8 HVAC TECH

HVAC TECH

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the help. I've got the inner drum on order.

#9 HVAC TECH

HVAC TECH

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

I was looking at the parts that were available and ran across this
Item #936915 (OEM Part)
MFR #134146100 which it states that it is a seal that goes between the two outer tubs. I did not see one when I separated the outer tub. Is this seal needed? It looks like it may be #21 on the diagram above.

#10 JJ Surfer

JJ Surfer

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sierra Nevada pale ale

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

That seal is probably there in the channel of the back half of the tub assembly, inspect it and if it looks ok you don't need to replace it. But if it leaks you will curse me for that advise! If you're not in a big hurry order it.

#11 HVAC TECH

HVAC TECH

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

Ok, I would first like to thank the people that contribute and the creator of this site. The help provided was accurate and prompt. I've been operating my washer and dryer for a month now and noticed that during the first rinse cycle the washer will start to drain and fill while slowly spinning. That part is great but the tub will start to spin at a certain rpm, which isn't to fast, and the tub will hit the sides of the dryer a couple times and then it will stop and start to the next rinse cycle. This only occurs on the first rinse as the washer only spins at this rpm for about 5 to 10 seconds. All the other rinse cycles spin at different rpm's and there is no banging. I don't feel that this is normal. Any help would be great.

#12 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

... noticed that during the first rinse cycle the washer will start to drain and fill while slowly spinning. 

... the tub will start to spin at a certain rpm, which isn't to fast, and the tub will hit the sides of the dryer a couple times

... then it will stop and start to the next rinse cycle.

post YouTube video ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#13 HVAC TECH

HVAC TECH

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Ok I can do that. Got to go to dinner first but when I get back I'll start another load. Just post a link to the video on YouTube, right?

#14 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

right

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics