Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag MAV72608WW shaking down the house

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nonappliancerepairguy

nonappliancerepairguy

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Washer is wrecking my house one shake at a time. Started with no spin at all. I found the pulley on the underside of the cabinet had lost retaining clip and had dropped enough to disengage. I got a new clip put it back together and it worked until spin cyle. On spin cycle, with load or without. Same sturdy level floor as the last 5 years. Feet on floor adjusted to level. It shakes like it wants to walk out the door and down the street. I pulled the front cover off and the springs are in good shape, everything looks like it should......until spin. It turns smooth until a criticle moment and then it wobbles and bangs. There is a small amount of white shavings at the base of the cabinet. Snubber?

If snubber what else should I replace while I am at it?

Anyone?

After further review It has been disclosed to me that the washer, at the time of no spin, was packed to the rim with towels. "there may have been a few too many towels, maybe more then a few too many"  

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

I think your correct model# is MAV7260BWW

The snubber may be the culprit. What does it feel like when you move the tub/basket/suspension around by hand?

Are the parts you found laying around part of this?

http://www.repaircli...2002213/1042142

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,099 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

Snubber replacement. Loads of fun for everyone. Tip : if you don't have a spring removal tool, use a pair of channel locks to remove tbe springs. However, I find the following method easier... get yourself 6 standard size metal electrical outlet boxes. When it comes time to remove the springs, stretch the spring a bit by moving the tub slightly in the opposite direction. Then wedge the open end of one of the boxes lengthwise on the spring. Like magic, the box will keep the spring stretched for easy removal and re-installation. Repeat for all 6 (or however many you model has) springs.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 nonappliancerepairguy

nonappliancerepairguy

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

After running, the tub assembly/springs  are rotated clockwise so the springs lean in the same direction. The tub can easily rotated by hand so the springs are verticle. Not sure if that is normal. The tub can be moved side to side, front to back with ease. There are a few fine white shavings under the tub sitting on the center of the cabinet bottom.

#5 nonappliancerepairguy

nonappliancerepairguy

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

The retaining clip that was missing was the one  on the right side of the second part image that was attached.

#6 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,099 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

fine white shavings are usually from the snubber ring. Check your springs as well

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#7 nonappliancerepairguy

nonappliancerepairguy

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

What am I checking when I check the springs? They are all there and appear to be fine. What is the next step O wise ones?

#8 nonappliancerepairguy

nonappliancerepairguy

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Dear appliance repair gods:

Replaced said snubber ring. Put it back together (no extra pieces laying around this time). Ran it empty and it was a shaking, nothing like before though. Came home from work today, listening to it pur ........ until the spin cycle. banging, crashing, shaking, cats running for shelter, evil look from wife, kids laughing. Clearly not the snubber ring.

There was very little wear on the old snubber ring. Springs all tight and happy. nothing bent, no oily residue, damaged, askew, amuck or out of place.

The drum spins smoothly until "take off" and then it wobbles and bangs. Is it possible that gunk has it off balance. My wife does call me pig pen. I got uncommonly dirty cloths.

Please Help!

#9 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

This kit may help, but then again it could be like putting a bandage on a wound that needs sutures.

http://www.repaircli...12001736/774588

Scott Wolf

#10 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

This kit may help, but then again it could be like putting a bandage on a wound that needs sutures.

http://www.repaircli...12001736/774588

Part number: 12001736

Part number: 12001736

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics